Arc 1, Chapter 4: Origins I (UPDATED)

Two things.

1) I forgot how much of a bitch rewriting can be and holy god are my early writings not good at all. There's so much edge in here it's ridiculous. Somethings will be simply updated with Eren's name changing to Reed and {REDACTED} becoming Rhodes, but some chapters, hell even entire arcs, are being completely redone.

2) Blace is a character from a sort of scrapped fanfic of mine. I prefer doing fanfics of characters that are original but aren't self inserts. (I'm not 13, so.)

—————————————————————

Reed POV:

H-Huh?

Oh Gods...where am I? All I did was fall asleep, right? Is this the Brothers doing?

I can almost see through someone's perspective right now. I can see Team RWBY fighting that Roman guy on a dock with his short stack lady friend.

I never liked him. Accidentally killed him once while "performing a trick" for him. Not like any actual bad consequences came from it.

The thing that throws me off is the surge of power I feel through...my(?) body. And the weapon I'm wielding.

It's Lament.

Am I in Blace's perspective? Spectating something?

But...Team RWBY are fighting Roman with Blace and this other monkey Faunus. This is the future! This hasn't happened yet! It can't happen either!

I try to move out of his body and actually manage it somehow. I look like a ghost while still wearing my fighting clothes.

I watch from above as Blace absolutely decimates Roman, cutting his arm clean off before pushing him away and charging Neo.

He makes me look like an amateur with his weapon and power. Yet again, he was born with it, destined to wield it. I shouldn't have it in the first place.

.

.

.

After a bit the fight stops as Neo and Roman make their escape using Neo's semblance. What a tricky bitch.

Weiss: "Look. We...we steered way too far from how that conversation should have went...and I'm sorry."

Weiss? Apologizing? And Blakes ears are out! So she eventually shows them to us!

Weiss: "Let's just...try to not keep secrets away from eachother, okay? That's how friendships grow."

Blake gives a weak but genuine smile and shakes Weiss's hand. That's a relief to some degree, I was worried about how they'd get along.

Blace steps away from the group and kneels down on the ground, facing the large body of water with a purple flame still around him. Yang cautiously approaches with a hand outstretched.

Yang: "Blace...? Baby? What WAS that?"

Baby? They dated?! I figured she would've been one of those girls in school before actually committing.

Blace lets out a blood curdling scream as his purple and pink aura erupt around the whole area, pushing everyone back and requiring cover.

What the hell is this?!

Can Wail's multiplier go that high?! Even I can feel it!

His aura eventually goes away and Yang attempts to approach him again, this time actually getting her hand onto his shoulder.

Blace: "Wail. It's a double edged sword. A very sharp one at that. It takes emotions or memories and uses them to fuel your power. Things like happiness and hope give a decent boost while awful memories like abuse or emotions like rage and hate get out of control. With Blake accidentally revealing we were apart of the White Fang at some point...I had to run."

The White Fang. Huh. Ex members it sounds like. So that's why Weiss and Blake had that fight or whatever it was.

Blace: "My body was full of nothing but hate...hopelessness...despair. It stayed all bottled up in me till this fight. At that point when fighting those two, hell, anyone...if they were my enemy, they wouldn't win." He says painfully with a tear in his eye.

The rest of the memory/vision of the future plays but right now I don't care. Seems the main event ended.

Bottled up emotions. Memories and emotions fueling power. Positive emotions and memories give off a small but noticeable reaction while negative emotions are a huge to astronomical boost like what was shown there. Is he saying you're almost trading your mental stability for power? I guess that's why The God of Light gave me Blace's semblance...it fits me like a glove.

That pink and purple aura from Wail. It came from him. I don't think anyone wielding Wail would have that color of aura. His aura and mine are the same color...I'm using his after all. But I've never seen it go that high, ever. That's why Blake said I feel familiar. I felt like a family member to Blake even with Blace not existing here.

Heh. I'm an anomaly. I shouldn't have a semblance or aura. It was fate to not receive one until the Brother Gods changed the future of this timeline.

Hahaha...hahahahahah!!!

Blace you are one overpowered piece of shit and I'm glad they chose you. I can see how the Brother Gods want me as their entertainment...a timeline like this shouldn't exist naturally. If I were able to develop my own semblance and aura, it wouldn't have been Wail. I wonder though. Since this technically isn't my aura and semblance...if I were able to get an aura and semblance that is MINE, would these stack? Merge together? Or would I lose Blace's...

Questions for later.

I look over and notice something that freaks me out. As Team RWBY get themselves and Blace into the cab, Blace stares up at me.

Blace: "R-Reed? Wait. How am I?" He looks at himself.

Yang: "Sweetie? You okay? Who are you talking to?"

She looks up at me and doesn't make any form of eye contact with me.

Yang: "I don't see anyone...you're probably seeing things."

Blace nods at her but then nods at me. I give him a thumbs up as a test and he gives me one back and smiles.

What was that? How do I even explain that? We're replaying a memory here in my head, how did I just interact with Blace in a memory? What kind of...ugh. This is starting to hurt my head.

I wake up and look at the clock. It's been a couple hours. Am I going to be a student here? I don't have a schedule or anything...

What I need to figure out right now is how to explain my aura and semblance to Yang and Ruby. I know I'll interact with them more due to how close by I am.

And Blake...How do I explain my familiar feeling. I can't just tell her about multiple timelines and that I'm using her brother from another timelines powers. She'll call me a schizo for sure.

Hmmmm. This is going to be annoying.

.

.

.

Next chapter: Training with Blake