Arc 4: Chapter 3: A New Rival? Withdrawals.

Eren POV:

Alright...no one else is in the dorm. I need to ask questions now.

Eren: "Yang. Listen to me...okay?"

Yang looks like she's on the verge of a complete meltdown. Damnit...she used Level 2 with no training whatsoever. She must have underestimated the mental taxation on the body. She looks up at me while shaking and she nods.

Eren: "Sis. Why? Why did you make that deal? You were strong already with your semblance and fighting style. Why accept the offer to be a student under them like me?"

Yang wipes her tears and continues holding me like her life depends on it.

Yang: "I-I need to be strong to protect you..."

Eren: "Protect me...? Why?"

Yang: "I'm your big sister! T-That's my job! I should have been doing it from the start! A-And if I don't love you and become a guardian of sorts for you...you'll leave again...you'll leave like Mom did..."

Like Mom did? She's talking about Raven isn't she. I think I get the picture now. While the negative feelings from the abuse and trauma from that give me power, Yang's potential abandonment issues and extreme levels of guilt from the past give her strength through Wail. She must not have been prepared to face those flashbacks.

Eren: "Yang, honey, you need to listen to me. You know I don't need protection...I'm fine on my own...are you really okay with this? It's too late to change your mind now."

Yang: "I NEED TO BE STRONG FOR YOU SO I DON'T HAVE TO BE ABANDONED AGAIN! BY YOU OR MOM!"

That confirms it. She's got abandonment issues. Time for some therapy then. I lift her off the ground and carry her outside the dorm room. I close the door and bring her to my dorm. I knock on the door because I know Bella locks it. The door opens up and standing there is Bella.

Bella: "Hey Eren. Uh, why are you carrying Yang?"

Eren: "Blake can you let us in please? It's a very long story."

Bella: "O-Oh sure."

She steps aside and I walk in. I sit down on my bed and lay Yang next to me. I hold her hand in mine and squeeze.

Summer: "What's going on Eren? What's wrong with Yang?"

Mom gets up and walks over to our bed alongside Bella. Yang keeps crying but looks over to see Mom now sitting on the bed. Something in Yangs mind cracks and she sits up quickly and jumps into Moms arms with her head in her chest. She starts crying and wailing into Moms chest, accidentally activating Wail with a deep blue outline surrounding Yang.

Summer: "Sweetie! What's happening? Yang! Talk to me!"

Yang: "A-Are you g-going to leave m-me too?"

Mom looks at Yang shocked before finally realizing what she meant.

Summer: "No sweetie. As long as the Gods let me stay here I won't leave you. I can safely assume your thoughts on Raven are the same as the Yang from where I'm from. Sweetie I love you like you're my own biological daughter. You are MY daughter and I wouldn't ever think of leaving."

Yang sniffles and continues crying into Moms chest. Mom eventually lifts Yang up and sits her on her lap and pets her back nice and slow.

Bella: "Eren? Um. What exactly did I miss in the past 45 ish minutes?"

Eren: "I can explain. After we left Glyndas class we went back to her dorm. Light appeared and asked us to do a job for him. Investigate a timeline that was too similar to the original and find out what caused it to stay for so long. See if it was worth keeping or destroying."