Arc 2, Chapter 4: Ascended Semblance (UPDATED)

Blake POV:

Yang: "Um...what just happened? Why did he run out?"

Ruby: "You...you might not have ordered enough. You got dinner for Team RWBY...but just us four."

Uh...

...

...oh. Oh no.

I think Yang also figured out what that meant. Her dropping her box onto her bed and looking at the door with wide eyes tells me that.

Yang: "O-Oh shit..."

Did it remind him of home? It had to have.

Blake: "I'll go after him and make sure he doesn't do something rash."

Suddenly, what feels like an earthquake washes over the entire school. Thankfully our beds stay in their positions, somehow, but I don't like the implications of this.

Blake: "I'm going. Now."

.

.

.

3rd person POV:

Blake runs towards the arena with the rest of Team RWBY starting to follow behind her. She waits for them to catch up before entering the arena and attempting to console Reed. What was in front of them though was nothing they could have expected.

It's completely silent and still.

They swore it was almost like an explosion earlier in here. But the ground and stands show damage from something at least.

In the center of the arena, there's a swirling aura of red and purple energy. A shirtless Reed is kneeling with his head down, panting and coughing up spit in the center. With his back exposed, multiple scars reveal themselves to everyone besides Blake who has already seen them.

Scars that Yang and Ruby are all too familiar with.

Weiss: "I-I'll go get the headmaster."

Ozpin: "No need..."

Both Ozpin and Glynda step through the doorway cautiously. Ozpin squints his eyes towards the girls while Glynda is in awe at Reed.

Glynda: "What-"

Ozpin: "-happened."

All four members of team RWBY try to find a way to answer the question. Weiss only draws blanks while the sisters look guilty and uncomfortable.

Ozpin: "Tch. Ruby. Explain. Now." He says while pointing at the flaming boy.

Ruby: "Y-Yes! Something happened between us that reminded him of h-home! He kept telling himself that t-things were different."

Yang: "I messed up badly...and he's beating himself up over it."

Ozpin stares daggers into her eyes, causing her to shrink back a bit. They're all pulled back towards Reed's direction as he lets out a scream of frustration.

Ozpin: "We will have a talk later Miss Xiao Long. For now, you should probably go do something."

The first one to move is Ruby, jumping over the edge of the stands into the arena. Followed by her is Blake, then Weiss and finally Yang who had to shake the guilt out of her system.

Ruby gets closer towards the swirling energy, almost appearing like a barrier around Reed. She gets as close as she can without potentially getting herself hurt.

Ruby: "H-Hey! Reed! I-It's me!"

The barrier slowly fades away and Reed is now fully exposed. Everyone gasps at the sight of his new appearance.