Arc 10, Chapter 8: A Mothers Shame

Eren POV:

Eren: "Come at me Ruby!"

Ruby: "R-Right!"

Ruby and I close the distance very quickly. Seems her training with Rose is showing some real improvements.

Though she said she has a new trick up her sleeve. Heh. With how Ruby can be in fights, I have a feeling it'll be something goofy.

I take out Eager Edge and decide to humor her. We start trading blows between both our scythes, jumping over each other or dodging to get some kind of advantage.

Ruby: "Here!!"

Ruby activates her semblance and flies up into the air in her bundle of roses. Suddenly, the bundle gets larger and explodes into a giant barrage of mini rose bundles.

Eren: "What the?!"

I start to jump around and over them but I'm quickly struck in the chest by the back end of her scythe. She quickly reveals herself from one of the nearly hundreds of bundles and hits me into the ground.

Eren: "W-Woah! The hell was that Ruby?"

Ruby stands up proudly with Crescent Rose standing upright next to her.

Ruby: "Petal Bomb!"

Petal...Bomb?

Eren: "The single most Yang inspired name I've ever heard."

Ruby snickers and crosses her arms with pride.

Ruby: "I've seen everyone evolve their semblances in some way! Besides Yang, but I don't think she needs to. Ren, Bella, Rose, Blake AND you have all evolved your powers! And since Rose could do it, so can I!"

I pick myself off the ground and dust my jacket off.

Eren: "So. Petal Burst is the original name. So this evolved ability is Petal Bomb?"

Ruby: "Yup! While I'm in that state of matter, I can explode the bundle into many more mini bundles that act as distractions. And they hurt if you're hit by one!"

Hmmm. Way more tactical and sneaky then I would have taken Ruby for. I'm really impressed though.

Eren: "That's really impressive Ruby. I'm proud of you."

Rubys eyes sparkles as she tackles me and puts her arms and legs around me.

Ruby: "Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!"

I smile and pat her on the back before sitting her back on the ground.

Ruby: "Do I get a reward? I've been doing a lot of work! Even more then when I worked on Crescent Rose!"

Hmmm...I guess she does deserve something. I'll show her something new.

Eren: "Alright. I'll give you two options. No one else has seen this yet. My new weapon? Or the other surprise?"

Ruby: "Other surprise!"

...well. It's alright Eren. Ruby is here.

I sigh and grit my teeth, shooting Wail out of me with incredible force.

Eren: "HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"
.
.
.
Ruby POV:

Woah!!!

I get pushed back far and slide across the floor. I slowly stand up and block the front of my face with my arms, trying to see what the hell he's doing!

His aura color! The fire! It's red! Where did all the purple go?!

Eren: "HAAAAAAAAA!!!"

His voice! There's something about his voice! It sounds demonic almost!