Arc 10, Chapter 4: Duo of Annihilation

Blake POV:

Ruby: "Blake. I'm ready."

Blake: "Is that why you called me? You finally listened to what I had to say?"

I hear Ruby pause for a moment and take a deep breath.

Ruby: "Yes...I didn't want to believe it because of my sis-"

Blake: "DON'T YOU BRING UP THAT THINGS NAME. SHE WAS A DISGRACE TO FAUNUS KIND. AN ABOMINATION."

I growl from anger, trying not to break my scroll from the thought of the hybrid abomination. Yang Xiao Long...you deceiver.

Ruby: "I-I'm sorry Blake. You're right. She was a freak. I don't know how my father allowed her to live...or why he got with a human before he met my mother. I will join your cause...it's not like I have much to do anymore."

Hmmm...

Blake: "Very well. I assume Adam had a word with you? If so, stick with him and his group. We start in Mantle since no humans are in Atlas. We shall spread out from there."

Ruby: "R-Right. Talk to you soon."

She hangs up and I put my scroll pack in my jacket pocket.

Blake: "Yang..."

How could she not have told me...that piece of filth...

Blake: "PIECE OF TRASH!!!"

I slam my fist into the table next to me and it breaks from the force and power I put into it. Suddenly, the TV cuts to a news report of a sudden murder.

Blake: "What..?"

"Pyrrha Nikos, Vytal Champion, The Invincible Girl, has been found dead. A wound going through her head and skull. Her death was apparently instant. There was no weapon involved according to forensic experts."

W-What? Who the hell could have done that!

...

Blake: "She can't be alive...no."

BOOM!

Blake: "AHHH!"

An explosion is heard outside of my apartment. No way. A terrorist attack?!

I open my windows and look down at the streets of Atlas and see a huge fire in the middle of the streets. One of the buildings on the other side has a massive hole in it.

Blake: "What the..."

I run out of my room with Gambol Shroud and my aura piercing revolver and head outside into the streets.

There are so many people running for their lives! What happened! I look in the opposite direction of where they came from and see two cloaked figures surrounded by the fire of the explosions. I don't see any notable features on them, which makes them...

Humans.

I aim my revolver and fire, assuming they somehow have auras. But...the male fires a beam from his fingers that destroys the bullet on impact. His body has a magenta colored glow and fire coming out of his body...what is he?

Blake: "Grrrr!"

I jump into the air and summon two clones of myself and flank from one side while one clone goes straight and the other one flanks the other direction.

???: "Tch."

The guy of the duo dashes at me at inhumane speeds, putting Ruby to shame. He grabs me by the collar and spins around before slamming me into one of the walls of a building next to us.