Christmas Special!

(This follows the events past Frozen Tomb, aka, the name change from Eren to Reed has happened already. If you didn't read Frozen Tomb, just be aware that Reed is Erens new name and is still the exact same person.)

_____________________________________

It's a chilly Christmas morning out in Remnant. The leaves on the trees in Patch have fallen off for months now, nothing but a bunch of dead trees surround the old Xiao Long cabin.

Even a century since the events with Reed Rose and his family, people still live in his old home.

Those people are his descendants. Primarily, his great granddaughter and her own family. The cabin has been kept in very good shape over the years thanks to the multiple generations living in it.

A lone woman leaves the cabin with a heavy blue coat on with a white rose design on its back. She walks slowly through the forest with a bag of Christmas gifts in hand.

She walks through an opening to a cliff side with multiple gravestones on the edge.

Summer Rose.
Taiyang Xiao Long.
Yang Xiao Long.
Blake Rose.
Athena Xiao Long.
Weiss Rose.
Ruby Rose.
Reed Rose.

She sighs heavily and looks out into the distance of the slightly dead forest covered in snow. She places the gift on Reed's gravestone with the tag "for gramps" on it. Before she can leave without a tear coming down her face, a portal opens up behind her with a footstep being heard by her cat ears.

"Hey! Long time no see, Carina."

Her eyes widen at the voice as she turns around and makes eye contact with the man who she hasn't seen since she was 8 years old.

Carina: "GRAMPS!!!"

She barrels into him and hugs him as tight as she can, bawling her eyes out. The last time she saw Reed was at his funeral. She only recognizes how he looked when he was younger by pictures shown by her great grand aunts, Ruby and Weiss and her great grandmother, Blake. Reed holds onto her tight and pets her ears gently, soothing his great granddaughter.

Reed: "There there...shhhh..."
.
.
.
After a couple minutes she finally stops crying and looks up at Reed, her brain trying to process everything.

Carina: "B-But how! How are you here?"

Reed: "Heh. I didn't have a mission today. It was Yangs turn. So I figured since it was Christmas I might as well stop by in my own timeline and see how things are. While your grandmother and grandfather are up there already, I still need to see how my living family is doing."

Carina sniffles and wipes her tears, her cat tail wagging and swaying happily. She giggles as she goes through her bag and places the rest of the gifts onto their respective gravestones.

Reed: "It's real fucking weird to see all our graves here. I mean, I've been dead for nearly 40 years but it's still surreal."

Carina places the last gift down and walks over to her grandpa and flicks his forehead.

Carina: "No swearing! I don't know what you guys do up there in the afterlife but I won't be having it here!"

Reed laughs and puts his hands up defensively.

Reed: "Hey! Remember that me and Yang are still alive! We were reborn up there in the Throne World!"

Carina pouts but eventually laughs it off and leads her grandfather through the forest back to the cabin. She's incredibly excited to have even more company then normal. Her Christmas's usually consist of her, her husband, her 8 year old son and some aunts and uncles. But now she gets to spend it with an old relative of hers, one that she's only been able to tell stories of to others.
.
.
.
.
.
Reed: "Wow...the cabin looks incredible. I'm shocked it has lasted this long."