Arc 3, Chapter 1: Years Later (UPDATED)

Reed Rose has been M.I.A for nearly 2 years now. He completely disappeared without a trace. The students of Beacon grieved, or at least supported the ones who were grieving. For someone so strong to dissolve into thin air with no witnesses...what could have got him?

Ruby was saddened that her twin disappeared. She thought they really had some bond reforming, and she thought he fully healed with her at least. Blake was upset and even slightly depressed that her arguably best friend was gone. She wears the Lament necklace every day as a memento to him and her brother that she never knew. Even Weiss, who was the most distant from him, felt bad about her friends and how they felt towards it.

But Yang? She wasn't convinced. She wouldn't let his potential death hang on her shoulders without figuring out what happened. If something or someone killed her, she'd have the killer's head on her wall so that she knows she avenged him at least.

Despite him no longer being there, the attack on Beacon occurred. It wasn't much of an attack. The huntsmen and Atlas military present were able to prevent the remaining members of the White Fang and some of Salem's group from causing any major damage. But it was all a front, as Cinder Fall, Salem's most trusted subordinate, sneaked into the Vault and acquired the full Fall Maiden.

.

.

.

.

3rd person POV, Junior's:

Outside of a bar in Vale, a golden haired huntress is stapling posters of Reed around corners and handing them out to business owners. She heads inside of Juniors to potentially get a lead.

???: "Yang. Dragon. You gotta give up kid. He's gone."

Yang turns around while in the middle of the doorway and sees her uncle Qrow transform out of his crow form.

Yang: "I can't Qrow! It was my fault he ran away again! I know he's probably dead but I refuse to let my legacy be the death of my own brother..." she frowns and closes her fists tightly.

Qrow walks up to her and pats her shoulders. Yang hadn't been getting too much sleep since Reed left. These two years haven't been great. Not as bad as the first time Reed left, but pretty bad still.

Qrow: "Here. Join me. You need a break firecracker. Let's relax, get a couple drinks in our system, and calm down."

.

.

.

It doesn't take long before a group of white clothed and masked people come in with weapons and begin opening fire into the bar. People scatter and run or duck for cover behind tables they flipped onto their sides.

Yang and Qrow quickly dodge around the shots and get behind cover behind the bar.

Yang: "There's still more of these White Fang Restorationists?"

Qrow: "Always trying to ruin the fun aren't they?" 

Qrow starts taking out Harbinger and jumping over the bar. He slashes his sword through a couple of the White Fang but is interrupted mid attack by a figure dressed in mostly black with a hood covering his head and face jumping towards them.

Qrow: "Hey! Always nice to have help buddy!" 

The masked fighter activates what seems to be his semblance and takes out the attackers in a flash. Qrow stops moving and watches the White Fang members fall to the floor underneath this one masked figure. His black jacket has fur across its back and furry shoulder pads. His pants are black with red tiger stripes and his gloves are grey with pointed edges on each finger.