Intermission #1

(Just some fun chapters in between Acts. Not canon but inspired by other things I've made.)

...

...

Operation B.A.U, Phase 3: 98% complete...

...

...

Good morning, Winter Schnee...

.

.

.

.

Winter finally awakes from her operation. Instantly, the world feels very very different to her. She can't feel the coolness of the air. She can't really feel her body. Even the need to blink her eyes is gone.

Operation B.A.U was a success. Atlas turned her into an Android, with her consent obviously.

"Good morning Winter. You've been out a while. 3 months? Not as long as your twin, but 3 months is nothing to scoff at. How are you feeling?"

Head Doctor Davis. A man too smart for his own good. He came up with the more...unethical practice of turning humans into androids instead of just putting in prosthetics. The operation became public and obviously General Ironwood turned it down...but that was for the public's eye. That doesn't mean the operation was shut down. Atlas is known for disregarding the warnings from other kingdoms.

Winter: "I feel...different."

There's many things happening all at once right now. Inside her right eye is a radar, constantly pinging nearby life forms. It tracks them based off aura or the dark magic radiating from Grimm. No one is undetectable.

Winter: "This is the same technology Walker received, correct?"

The Head Doctor nods and grabs a tablet from the other side of the room. He steps back up and shines a light down onto Winter's right eye, the completely artificial one.

Davis: "Both your eyes have the capabilities, but the left one merely had them installed. We put your normal eye in a bag. You should bring it home to Jacques. That would make my day." He jokes.

.

.

.

.

After hours of testing Winter's new abilities, she's let free. She will be off duty for a few weeks since adjusting to a new version of your body isn't exactly easy. Physical therapy will be needed. She's being wheeled to her private quarters by her twin brother, Walker Schnee. Unlike the rest of the Schnee family, Walker is kind. Not someone who acts cold but is kind inside, he is genuinely nice inside and out. If it weren't for his pale skin, blue eyes and pure white hair, he wouldn't be a Schnee.

Walker: "How's it feel? You nearly shit yourself when you fired a laser out of your eye." He laughs as he opens the door to Winter's quarters.

With it just being the two of them, Winter definitely softens up, way more then with Weiss. With Weiss, Winter needs to act as a role model, same with Whitley. But her twin? The one she's grown up with her entire life? There's no secrets kept from each other so there's no facade to keep up.

Winter: "I will admit, it was...entertaining. I thought this would have been more of a side-grade, but the operation was a massive upgrade. My complete loss of aura being compensated with brute strength and technology. It sounded bad at first, but after seeing your performances? I needed this to protect everyone I hold dear."