Unknown Fate for Team RWBY

Author's Note: Yes, this is from the recent news of Rooster Teeth. I wouldn't say I'm sad about this due to the very small chance of a redemption arc for this series, but I can't say I'm happy, y'know. But there's no point in thinking about every possible outcome of the IP being sold, so let's just enjoy ourselves, alright? 

____________________________________________________________________________

Team RWBY and Jaune step out from the Ever After portal, finally reaching home. Home as in Remnant. The sight in front of them is of a large desert, topped off with Vacuo Academy surrounded by Atlas aircrafts and other vehicles. To all huntsmen on Remnant, this is the last huntsmen academy that is safe. 

Ruby: "Finally...home sweet..." 

The air crackles and heats up around them. The view in front of them begins to turn hazy and foggy before suddenly becoming almost glitchy like a broken texture in a video game. Only the ground beneath them, forming a pseudo island of sorts, remains as the world around them breaks apart. Their little island is surrounded in a bubble, acting as an oxygen bubble, as Remnant ceases to exist in front of their very eyes.

Yang: "W-What the...we...DID leave Ever After, right? M-Maybe we haven't got out all the way!" 

Sweat drips down Yang's face as her mind races a million miles an hour trying to think of some kind of logical explanation. But Weiss and Blake have already begun shutting down mentally.

Could you imagine it? Your entire planet dissolving and blowing away silently in front of you in just a few seconds? How would you process that? Everything you've ever known, everything you could have learned, and every bit of dirt, sand and rock that you could've left your mark on...gone. 

Jaune: "You...could be right. Salem wouldn't have all the relics already...unless time inside Ever After is different then out here." 

Yang and Ruby both turn to Jaune, trying to ignore the white streak in his hair. It's a sign of his maturity and survival in the Ever After. While Team RWBY were only in there for what felt like a couple of days, Jaune was in there for decades even though he entered the realm at the same time as them. 

Yang: "What're you saying? Like...every day in the Ever After is a week or month out here?" 

Jaune: "Y-Yeah. It's just a guess. But if we came back too late? What if this is months later? Years later?" 

The closed portal behind them reopens again, this time bringing out three more figures. Two of them don't look like human beings. One is fully yellow with a crown of antlers, while the other is purple, slightly skinnier, with ram horns. They have no facial features, but they're obviously humanoid in shape. The last one is a bit of an anomaly to Team RWBY and Jaune.

It's a girl that looks like an older Yang, but with the hair color of Ruby and Summer. Long, fluffy black hair that fades to red at the ends. She's almost as tall as Jaune and is quite muscular, at least compared to the huntsmen in front of her. She could easily be compared to Pyrrha and still outclass her, but still has the curves of Yang.

She wears a simple black coat, grey pants and brown boots. She doesn't seem one for fashion.

Yellow: "Hello there, huntsmen. I am...terribly sorry to meet you in such a circumstance." 

Purple: "Look what happened to our creation..." The purple one says in disbelief and anger. "...you don't think it was-?" 

Yellow: "No. It was not." 

The yellow one levitates off the ground and floats outside the bubble they're in, entering the void outside and feeling around. Yang and Jaune quickly tend to Blake and Weiss respectively, with Ruby left alone.