Arc 1, Chapter 6: Barriers (UPDATED)

Reed POV:

The rest of the day was uneventful since Glynda's class ended. Pyrrha and Blake said that we could maybe order a pizza and do something but I declined.

It sounded like a decent time but...I just can't. As much as I do want friends, I can't let any crack in my psyche show or someone may take advantage of it...

As people are starting to go to bed for the night, I call Ozpin on my scroll. He gave me his number so that he can contact me whenever I'm needed.

Ozpin: "What is it Mr Rose."

Reed: "I need to use the training arena."

Ozpin: "So late at night? Is this a normal occurrence for you Reed?"

Reed: "Both yes and no. Now that I'm near Ruby and Yang again, I should probably continue doing my mental training just like when I lived at home."

Ozpin: "Hmmmmm. Alright. Don't try to make a scene please. I'll have Glynda give you an extra pair of keys for the arena. Are you sure you can't just do your training in your room? You said you just meditated."

Reed: "If it was that simple I wouldn't have asked."

From the few times I did meditate with Wail, my aura during it can knock things over like bookshelves and tables. I wouldn't want to clean this up every single time.

Ozpin: "Fair enough. She should be at your room in a couple of minutes."

He hangs up and I decide to wait by meditating without using Wail.

Right now I don't need more actual power. I suppose having a more tactical approach to things would be nice if I don't have my semblance but I don't know of a time where that would happen.

No. What I need right now is to increase my mental fortitude again. Just like when I ran. For a few seconds, even as a defenseless aura-less child, I wasn't afraid of mom anymore. I faced her even with her semblance.

.

.

.

A few minutes later I hear a knock on my door. I open my eyes and go to open it. Of course, there's Glynda.

Glynda: "Here's the extra key. Don't give it to anyone else. You know you're a very special case Reed."

Reed: "I know Glynda. Thank you."

She begins looking me up and down...

I'm not naked or anything so...?

Glynda: "Do you consider your combat attire your casual clothes?"

Oh. That.

Reed: "For the most part. Ever since living in my old home, I've learned to keep my guard up at all times. Fighting in normal clothes is uncomfortable to me. This feels way more natural. I wash it often so it's fine."

Glynda: "sigh...alright. I'll leave you be now."

She steps aside and walks through the halls, whether or not she's leaving to go back home or to her office I don't know.

Right. Training. Now.

I step out of my room with the keys and close my door, making my way over to the arena in Glynda's class.

Bzzz...bzzz...

Huh? A message? From Ozpin?

Ozpin: Whenever Glynda doesn't have a class you may use the training room. You are of great importance to us. I have another question about your interaction with the Brother Gods. Did they mention anything about alternate versions of the other people you know? Surely with this Blace Belladonna boy you told me about, I would assume others exist.