Arc 1, Chapter 11: Truths. Step One. (UPDATED)

Reed POV:

No. No no no no NO NO NO!!!

God fucking Damnit! They saw!! I broke down in front of all of them!

What the fuck happened?! How did that happen? Was it Wail and using it against my sisters...?

I angrily slam my dorm room door shut and jump onto my bed in frustration, grabbing and pulling at my hair.

Reed: "Tch...it was going so good too..."

These two years between now and home. I thought that proved that I didn't need my family to be stable, to be happy. I mean...hugging Ruby was nice...NO! SHUT UP!

Maybe...maybe I should try to learn the truth.

Of course, with Mom and Yang, it most likely won't help their case in me forgiving them. I guess the only people I could really forgive out of any of them is Ruby and Dad.

He never did anything to me. He never verbally or physically abused me...yeah, he ignored me, but something was different about him then the others.

He even spared me a punishment that one night...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Reed: "Who?"

Ruby: "I-It's me...Ruby."

...of course.

Reed: "...Come in."

The door slowly opens and in comes Ruby in her combat outfit still. She's looking very nervous right now.

Ruby: "H-How're you feeling? That outburst wasn't exactly healthy there...heheh.." she trails off in nervous laughter.

Why don't I feel scared of her?

Reed: "With the downsides of my semblance and our...reunion, things spiraled out of control really bad."

She nods and closes her eyes, rubbing the back of her head...

...God the tension is thick. Guess I need to take the first step here.

Reed: "...thanks for stepping in and helping. It was comforting and...needed."

I look away sadly but I can almost feel some happiness on Ruby's face.

Reed: "Wanna sit?"

I point towards a coffee table I have. She nods and pulls up an extra chair and sits there. I go into the kitchen and get us both a glass of water, sitting back down at the table.

Ruby: "T-Thanks Reed..."

God she's a nervous wreck. I guess if the sibling you neglected throughout your whole life came back and got as strong as I have then you'd be scared.

But why am I not scared though?

Maybe I'm starting to not care about it. I mean, compared to Yang and Mom, she was just a bitch.

Let's...try to improve the mood.

Reed: "You've grown a lot in two years. I think you'll always be the shorter one between us."

She seems to get a little kick out of that, feeling her jokingly kick my leg with a laugh.

Ruby: "I guess so...hehe...what happened? The doctors said you wouldn't be able to have an aura."

That was quick.

Reed: "A friend gave me his power so I could live. I would've died to Grimm out there if I stayed how I was. He was already done with life by then so he happily offered me it. It's done me well since then..."