6.4

"Does this match?" Michael walks out into the kitchen where Ashton, Luke, and I were unloading the groceries onto the counter, getting ready to start cooking. Calum was in charge of setting the table, although he took a break halfway through and was now sitting on his phone ignoring us all.

"It's a flannel and black jeans, there is no way it can't match idiot," Luke chuckles, but Michael flips him off.

"Stop, he looks good! Don't be nervous Mikey," I walk over to him, straightening out strayed pieces of his hair.

"I need to make a good first impression on Grace's family," Michael groans, letting out his anxiety. "I've never even been to a Thanksgiving dinner how am I supposed to know what to do?"

"They are going to love you Mikey, I've met them before they are really nice," I try to ease his anxiety.

"Her dad is a security guard, he will beat my face in!"

"Well it was nice knowing you," Luke smirks. I shoot him a dirty glare.

"Mikey you will be fine," I reassure him. "But you are going to be late."

"Shit I'm going to die," he groans, walking out of the house.

"Poor lad," Ashton laughs, resting against the counter.

"What a lad," Luke mocks Ashton. They have been practicing their London lingo for the past few days, and it is starting to get old considering they only know like four words.

"Do you smell something?" Luke scrunches up his nose, glancing around the kitchen.

"Crap the turkey!" I groan, running over to the oven and opening the door with a cloud of smoke. I yelp, Ashton running over and working through the smoke the throw the burnt turkey into the sink.

"You may be cute, but you are shit at cooking," Luke laughs, trying to get rid of the smoke before the alarm goes off.

"Well now Thanksgiving is ruined!" I frown, slumping back against the counter.

"Its just a turkey," Calum shouts over from the dining room.

"I know but its like the symbol of Thanksgiving dinner," I pout. I had planned everything out, I was going to make everything my family used to make. It's just my first real holiday without them and as much as it felt so relieving to be free of them, it still hurt sometimes. "I just wanted everything to be normal."

"Hey, don't get sad, Luke will go get a new turkey from the grocery store," Ashton pats my head.

"I will?" Luke mutters, "I mean, yeah, of course I will, anything to make you happy," he smiles, kissing my forehead and grabbing his keys, walking out.

"Don't worry Madds, we are going to make this your best Thanksgiving yet." Ashton engulfs me from behind with a big bear hug, resting his chin on my shoulder. I slump my shoulders, letting him hold my weight for a minute. Ashton sighs, knowing exactly what I'm upset about without a word even coming from my mouth. "You could call them you know."

"I know, but I'm scared. If I call them what if they storm over here and take me away," I frown, resting my head against him.

"Well, I mean, I'm pretty sure they know where you are, so if they wanted to get you that badly they would've."

"Do you think I should call?" I turn my head to look at Ash. He loosens his hug so I could turn around and face him. I felt like this was something I could only talk about with Ashton. There were so many parts of me that only he knew.

"I think if you do call, it will either make you a lot happier tonight and content with the life you chose, or it could ruin your night. So you just have to decide if its a chance worth taking."