2.5

Luke's POV

Wake up. Eat cereal. Band. Avoid the boys. Hide in my room. Play my guitar. Write. Drown out my thoughts in music. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

That is what my days have consisted of. No more, no less.

Here I am, yet again, sitting on my bed playing around with chords and lyrics that have yet to be written. I didn't know I was actually good as this writing stuff until I gave myself the chance to try. Then again, it probably all actually sucks.

A knock on my door startled me, making my hand spasm halfway through writing a lyric, the page now covered in scribble.

"Luke," Michael's voice called through the door, "Calum is going to be here in three minutes."

"Tell him I'm not home," I grumble, cursing to myself and slamming my notebook shut.

"Luke that is like the eighth time in the past three weeks. Just talk to him already." Michael opened my door, his arms crossed.

I just roll my eyes, plopping back onto my bed.

"Luke, you can't avoid him forever," Michael walked over, staring me down.

I don't see why I couldn't. I've been doing a damn good job of it.

"Fine," I groan, flipping Michael off. He smiled, apparently content with himself before walking out of my room.

Although we never actually said it out loud, Michael and I have become friends again. It was a slow and awkward process at first, but one awkward bro-hug and a FIFA, pizza date night was all it took for us to get back to normal.

A few minutes later, Calum was standing in my doorway. His eyes were looking anywhere but me, his cheeks had a tint of red to them, and his hands were resting securely on the back of his neck.

"Hi," he said weakly.

I just nodded, not even giving him a twitch of my mouth in return.

"Listen, Luke-"he began, but I quickly cut him off. I wasn't in the mood to hear some bullshit story. There was only one thing on my mind.

"Do you have feelings for her?" I seethe, my own tone scaring me.

"What? Luke, no. I-"

"Does she have feelings for you then? Do you guys like talk all the time?" I grind my teeth.

"What? No!" he sighed, taking a few cautious steps into my room, shutting the door tightly behind him. Calum raised his eyebrows, I suppose asking for permission to speak. I barely nodded. "We just made out for a few minutes," he began, I was already cringing at the thought, "but she stopped it before it could go any further. She said the only person she could think about was you."

"What?" I snapped my head up, glaring at him.

"I promise if we weren't both so drunk, neither of us would have done that," he pleaded.

"Whatever, but she would've just kissed someone else," I mumble, picking at my fingernails.

"Because she was trying to get you out of her head!" Calum swung his hands in the air. "Obviously that didn't work though."

"No," I shook my head. He was messing with my head. There was no way she could still like me after all I said, after everything I did.

"God Luke, no offense, but you are an idiot," he sighed.