2.8

Guys I restarted wattpad and it appeared thank the lord🙌

Luke's POV

Banding was normally a good time. Everyone has that one thing that gives them a reason to wake up. That one thing that you will never get tired of. It makes you smile when you are miserable. Banding is that thing for me. Banding is when I can escape my mind within the music we are making. The boys and I just jam out and act like idiots. We throw around ideas, or just throw around random shit at each other. It depends on the day.

Today was neither of those days. Today there was no escape through the beat of the music, nor an escape through the laughs caused by the idiots that I call bandmates. Today I was caught in a mess of lies, dodging questions and trying to convince myself this was the right thing. These boys were my brothers and being anything but honest with them was normally out of the question.

But I had to do this. I couldn't lose Maddie again.

The boys were in the midst of sharing yesterday's adventures with me.

"We were supposed to watch Paranormal Activity, but Michael wimped out so we watched the Lego Movie instead," Calum rolled his eyes, sitting across from me on Ashton's dusty garage floor.

"You watched my favorite movie without me?" I banged my hand against my guitar.

"We invited you over! You were too busy 'sorting out your emotions'," Michael smirked. "How did that work out for you by the way?"

I panicked for a moment before answering coolly, "Fine." I had to try and keep the lies to a minimum.

Ashton and Calum were having a secret conversation through their eyes, glancing at me every so often.

"What?" I grumble, sitting against the wall.

"I was just wondering," Ashton started hesitantly, "Are you and Maddie-"

"What?" I sat up quickly, fear in my voice. How could he know? There was no way he could know.

"Are you guys like, okay with each other?" Ashton continued. "It's just we really want to hang out with you both, but it's too hard when everything has to be separate."

"What he is trying to say is we want to be able to hang out with all of us there, you know? But if you can't handle that yet it's cool," Calum shrugged.

I let out the breath I had been holding in. Our secret was still safe.

"Um, I mean, I guess I could handle that," I look down at my feet.

Relief flooded over each of the other the boys' faces.

"Good because I have something fun planned for us all!" Ashton giggles.

"Anyway, back to band business," Michael intercedes, clearing his throat and looking around at us all. "I think it's time that we upload a video of all of us together, instead of just single covers by ourselves."

The three of us nodded in agreement, not even thinking it over really.

"We should have a name then," Calum sighed.

"How about Bromance," Michael laughed, throwing his head back.

"Yeah because that is so punk rock," Ashton rolled his eyes.

"I have an idea," I say quietly. All of their eyes turned to look at me, waiting for me to continue. "5 Seconds of Summer," I mumbled quietly.

The garage goes silent for a moment, the three of them look at each other shrugging.