4.0

Ashton always told me that a true best friend is someone who knows your food order by heart.

My hands were filled with five bags of the Australian equivalent to McDonalds. I tried to peak my head over the stacks of fast food, craning to find the door handle. Running my hand across the battered wood, I couldn't keep my balance, the bag on the top of the pile slips to the floor. Muttering curse words under my breath, I give up and just kick the bottom of the door until someone comes to open it.

"That better not be my burger on the ground," Michael growls grabbing the paper bag from the cement flooring and letting me enter the backstage room. I was welcomed with a swarm of amused guys grabbing paper bags from my arms, and the sound of music blasting through the walls of the cramped, spray-paint-walled room.

"My girlfriend is a wannabe and she wants to be me," Ashton bangs his head to the beat as he rips open his bag, stuffing his burger into his mouth only seconds behind Michael.

Luke was slumped over in front of the long mirror that took up the entirety of the back wall. Staring at his reflection, he runs his fingers through his hair in frustration. I set down the bag in front of him, pulling up a chair and resting my head on my chin, chuckling as I watch him attempt to fix his hair in the mirror.

"Don't tease me, I'm having a bad hair day," Luke puckers, smiling at me through the mirror.

"Well I think you look cute," I pull his chair over so he is facing me, our knees twined together. My fingers run through his hair softly. Luke stares at me as I work, trying to hide his smile by biting the corner of his lip. I brush all the fringe to one side. "There, now you are ready." I spin his chair back so he can look in the mirror. Luke grins approvingly, giving me a quick kiss for pay. We both tear open our bags, stuffing our faces.

"There is no way you can finish that," Michael raises his eyebrows at my burger as he finishes the last of his fries.

"Is that a challenge Mikey?" I smirk, leaning back in my chair and taking another bite. Michael was sprawled across the couch, burping every now and then.

"It's not a challenge because you can't do it," he rests his hands on his full stomach.

"I wouldn't challenge her mate, I once saw her eat an entire extreme double sundae by herself in one sitting," Ashton giggles, winking at me.

I just rolled my eyes, taking the last three bites of my burger with ease. What can I say, eating is fun.

"I knew there was a reason why I liked you," Michael's eyes widen.

"Hey she is mine," Luke, Ashton, and Calum mutter at the same time. We all just look at each other for a minute before bursting into laughter.

Our laughter was cut short as a girl burst through the door. She ran over to Calum, pulling him into a full embrace, her soft black curls shimmering to her waist.

I glance over at Michael, "is she another hookup?"

"I wish," Michael snorted, eyeing up the girl.

"That is Calum's sister," Luke hit Michael's stomach. Michael glared at Luke, grabbing his hand and punching him in the gut. Luke groaned, bending over as Michael laughed at him, ruffling his hair that I had just fixed. Luke straightens back up, sticking his tongue out at Michael before turning back to me. "She just got home from London today."

The girl broke away from Calum with watery eyes. Calum's face was flushed red, a smile on his face. His sister went around giving the other boys a hug too. Ashton responded with a fit of giggles, Luke was stiff and awkward, and Michael placed his hands dauntingly low on her back.