Bougie

Ruby's POV

Ava came to my house to give me tips. We we're in my new room. She looked over dress but I noticed she always has. "Now remember to have food" said Ava. I had a notepad because I was writing everything she was telling me. This was actually very fun to me.

"Always get Starbucks, Dunkin, or Chick-fil-a" said Ava. "Dutch bros or a good choice too" said Ava as I was writing this down. "Don't get McDonald's" said Ava worth a serious face. "Why" I said. "It looks like your parents picked you up" said Ava. "Everyone eats there but you can't have people know you eat there" said Ava.

"Do you get what I mean" said Ava. I nodded my head and scratched off McDonald's. "I understand if you don't want to pay for it everyday but don't be a scammer" said Ava. I looked at her confused. "It's when you reuse everything and fill it up with other things" said Ava. I nodded my head understanding her. I don't know anyone who does that.

"I know people who do this so don't" said Ava. I kept writing everything down unsure of what was going to be next. "Next tip" said Ava. I looked at her waiting to continue. "Make sure that you have someone to like you" said Ava. "Why" I asked curiously. "People love to want someone" said Ava.

"A boy toy, a simp" said Ava. I looked at her not catching on. "Have a guy who will always want to be around you" continued Ava. "People need to know he likes you" said Ava. "So" I said not getting what she is telling me. "He is a backup" said Ava unfazed. I pretended to write that down.

There was no way I was taking part of that. "Look it's not a bad thing to always have a flirt available" said Ava. "Yeah it is" said Ernest from the doorway. "Sorry" said Ernest as he stepped into the room. "Clarence let me in" said Ernest as he walked in. "Oh okay" I said as I sat up. I didn't know he would be here. "Cute room" said Ernest as he looked around.

"Thank you" I said as he walked and sat down in a bean bag chair. "What are you doing" asked Ava annoyed. "Just came to check on Ruby before you make her into a mini you" said Ernest. "She is not my minion" said Ava. I looked at both of them. They couldn't agree on anything.

"That's why I am here" said Ernest. "Whatever" said Ava. I feel like this is how they act all the time they are together. "She didn't give you tips did she" asked Ernest. "She did but she is helping me fit in school" I said. "Don't listen to her" said Ernest. "Why" said Ava who looked annoyed.

"Because Ruby should just be herself because you don't know if anyone is going to like her first" said Ernest as he looked at me. "You seem to be wrong" said Ava. Ernest looked at his sister confused. "You don't know girl world" said Ava. "And" said Ernest. "It's like a never ending competition" said Ava.

"We'll who cares" said Ernest. Ava rolled her eyes at her brother. "At least give her a chance to be herself" said Ernest with a smile. I couldn't help but feel a little bit confident. "Whatever" said Ava. I smiled thinking maybe I have a chance because Ernest said that. "If you still need tips just let me know" said Ava.

I nodded my head knowing that I always can. Going to a new school can be scary but a rich school was something I wasn't ready for. How can I be comfortable with people when I haven't even met them. I couldn't wait for school but I also know it is a curse. It is better then being an adult to be honest.

As I was thinking of this in my head I didn't even notice that Ernest was looking around my room. "Are you looking for something" asked Ava. "No but there isn't really anything here" said Ernest. "Duh she still has to move in" said Ava. "I know that" said Ernest as he sounded annoyed.

I laughed at both of them quietly. I couldn't believe this is how they acted whenever they are together. I was wondering if they ever get tired of this. "I still don't understand why you had to save Ruby from me" said Ava. I came to the conclusion that this conversation wasn't going to end. I was right about that so far.

"You are trying to make her your minion and you are toxic" said Ernest. He keeps saying that and I honestly don't know how to feel. "Again it's toxique" said Ava as she sounded unfazed. "I am classier then that" said Ava as she smiled at Ernest. He rolled his eyes. "Okay we get it" said Ernest right after.

"Why are you here again" asked Ava. "I am your brother and I am just checking in on you" said Ernest. I noticed his answer had changed from before. Maybe this meant that deep down he does care. I looked at both of them as they kept chatting.

"You don't have to" said Ava. Just as Ava finished saying that to her brother Lewis walked in. We all turned to face him. "Sorry for the interruption" said Lewis. "Oh it's no problem" I said. He walked in and placed a plate of strawberries next to me. As he left I grabbed one and took a bite.

"How can you eat those all the time" asked Ava. I told her my favorite food was strawberries and jam tarts. "Not gonna lie but strawberries should taste better than how they actually do" said Ernest. "What" I said as I looked at him with shock. "They are delicious" I said. "We'll they are all yours" said Ernest as I kept eating them as Ava went on about my new high school.