Winter Formal

Ruby's POV

Today was the day of the dance. We got all dressed up and we started to dance on the dance floor. I was wearing a red dress. I even straightened my hair for this. I didn't even braid my hair for tonight. This was such an exciting dance. I couldn't believe how hot my friends looked. This was so much fun.

Jade had her hair wavy and she was wearing a blue and white dress. Molly had her hair straight and she was wearing a purple sparkly dress. Georgia had her hair in a slick ponytail. Liam and Jacob were with us.  Jacob was wearing a plain black dress shirt. He didn't match me since I was wearing red. Liam came in a black suit. At least he looked like he was dressed properly.

As we we're trying to dance I noticed Tiffany walk in with Ava and Ernest. Ava was wearing a tight black dress with her hair in a bun. I looked to find Tiffany in a blue dress. I also saw Ernest wearing a blue suit. Ernest and Tiffany we're matching and it was very obvious. She had the same color corsage as his suit.

"And exhale" said Ava as guys were staring at her. She giggled as all the guys snapped out of it. "You guys look good" I said as I said hi to them. "Yeah I'm the blueprint" said Ava as she spun around to show off everything. "Yeah" said Ernest and Tiffany jokingly. They loved her personality a lot.

We all sat down at the table so we can all talk without the music blowing in our ears. We sat down and Jacob had his arm on the side of my butt. I am a petit girl. I have no butt or boobs. This felt so uncomfortable to me. He has his hands on something that isn't there. Ernest and Tiffany sat together. Tiffany sat next to Jacob.

I looked at Georgia who took Hade to dance. Ava grabbed Tiffany to go and walk outside. I watched my friends dance together. Molly left the table but Liam followed her like a dog. As I was watching my friends I noticed eyes we're looking at me. They we're focused on my back. I wanted to know if it was Jacob. I turned to see that it was Ernest who was looking at me.

When I turned to see Ernest I saw Jacob looking at Tiffany and Ava who were talking to some girl. "Hey I'm going to be right back" said Jacob. I nodded my head and stayed there as he walked off. It was me and Ernest at the table alone. He scooted closer to me. When he turned to me I noticed he wanted to say something. I just waited for him to speak.

"Jacob was looking at other women" said Jacob without hesitation. "I know" I said feeling a bit down. "But other men are looking at you" said Ernest. I looked at him and he just had a soft smile on his face. "Jacob should learn to appreciate what he has" said Ernest. I looked at him curiously.

"Why get someone who isn't worth it when you have all your worth put into someone who is waiting for you" said Ernest. As he spoke I can see a Twinkle in his eyes. "Loyalty costs nothing" I said agreeing with him. "It is a shame not many people have that or morals in this day and age" said Ernest.

"Yeah" I said feeling a bit down. I looked to Ernest and he gave me a soft smile. "Come on" said Ernest as he took my hand. We walked to the dance floor. Once we got there I stopped to think about what I was doing. I should be dancing with Jacob. I thought about this but it's not something I would turn down. Ernest wanted to dance with me.

Jacob couldn't even do that. I was still nervous about dancing with another guy. I shouldn't do it but I wanted to. Nothing felt this right in my life. I just wanted this to work out. "Put your arms around me" said Jacob. I looked into his eyes and I have no words to describe it. His eyes twinkled and I swooned for him. It was unexplainable.

I put my arms around him as he wrapped his around me. He spun me in a circle and we started to dance. He wasn't like every other guy here. He spun me around instead of trying grind behind me. He was acting like a gentleman. I saw Liam grinding on every other girl as he walked by.

He was disgusting and I hated it. Ernest put his hand under my chin so I can look into his eyes. It was so soothing to look at his twinkling eyes. I felt like I had melted. When he put said put my arms around him I felt a spark. Nothing like this made me feel so happy. I was in love with this moment.

Me and Ernest danced for a few minutes. That was until Jacob walked towards us. I have never seen him so mad before. "Back off" said Jacob in a angry tone. I was pushed back by Jacob and my arms let go of Ernest. Jacob stood in between us glaring at Ernest. Just as I was about to say something I watched as Jacob punched Ernest in the jaw.

Ernest took a step back from the impact. My jaw dropped and everyone went silent. How could Jacob Jacob do that. Ernst grab his jaw in pain. "You asshole" yelled Ava when she walked to her brother. "What has gotten into you" said Molly. I looked at everyone and nobody stopped staring. Even the teachers walked towards us.

"We are leaving" said Jacob. "No we will" said Ava as she took her brother's arm. I watched as they left the dance with Jacob glaring at them. I wanted to see if Ernest was okay. Why did Jacob do this. I felt even more conflicted. Jacob was so frustrated that he walked out of the dance. This was all my fault.