Praying

Ruby's POV

Yesterday Ernest told me that his family was the opposite of him. He wanted a easy life doing the things he loves. Ernest already has more then a million dollars and he wants to do what he loves. I understood what he was saying. I'm not some rich girl and that's how my parents raised me.

Ernest doesn't want to be like his family. When I looked into his eyes there was a sparkle in his eyes when he talked about motorcycles. I mean his lips were also a few inches from me but I still was able to see what he wanted in his future. When I thought about his lips I had to get it out of my head.

I was at a party that Tiffany held for her and her boyfriend. "High school sweet hearts" everyone yelled as they saw them coming from the stairs. I went to Ava's house because she was giving me tips so that I can use it here. I was to scared to actually do what she wanted me to do. I just didn't have it in me to party like she does.

I stood next to Ava and some guy came up to her. "I thought you and me were coming together" he asked her. I took a sip out of a red solo cup. It was probably filled with alcohol in it because I was feeling a bit tipsy. "Boy I could flirt with you and be zero precent interested. Sorry but I be bored" said Ava without a care. She had her unfazed look but I knew she wasn't like that. She was very sweet deep down.

I looked over feeling a little more out of it. "This is my song" said Molly. I watched as the girl beside her just threw up. It seemed to me that drunk girls are the only ones who can throw up and not care about it. I saw a guy throw up after and he wanted to leave as soon as possible. I watched as the same girl said "heyy" and after she threw up again.

Molly moved away from her and the girl said "where are you going."she kept throwing up and laughing about it. I shook my head wanting to get out of here. They we're all fancy and rich and I felt like I didn't belong. A group of people were dropped off from a helicopter. How do I even fit in here.

I was standing next to this guy since Ava left. This guy suddenly said "man I miss my girlfriend." I watched as he walked towards the exit of the party. I would love to have that in a man. I felt a little bit of sadness since I just got out of a relationship. I wanted to head home now. This wasn't very fun anymore. Too many people were drunk.

I wasn't even able to step correctly in inch heels. I almost fell as I tried to walk to the exit. That was until I heard police sirens. I became panicked when I heard them. My mind shook out of its drunken state because I was so scared. "Everyone run" yelled some drunk dude from upstairs. I couldn't help but run like everyone else. My legs were able to carry me out of the front door.

I saw people get into cars to take off. I couldn't be caught. My parents would kill me if they knew I lied to them. I don't know if I was too drunk but I ran to a familiar motorcycle that I haven't seen in awhile. I ran towards it. There was a guy about to leave on it. I jumped on the back of his motorcycle. "Drive fucking drive" I yelled in frantic fear.

The guy started his motorcycle and in a few minutes we were away from the house. "Put your arms around me" said a familiar voice. I looked up and I saw that it was Ernest. I felt kinda bad but at the same time my head couldn't stop spinning. I think I was fully drunk. "I knew you could be trouble" he said. "What" I said with a wasted look on my face.

"It's okay" Ernest said to me. I gently put my arms around him. My face was pressed against his back. I closed my eyes wanting this headache to go away. His broad shoulders were very comfortable. I nestled my body closer to him. I was easily going to pass out. "Hang on" said Ernest as he got to my house.

Ernest helped me off his motorcycle once he parked. He got me and took me upstairs using the back door. He got me to my room with my parents asleep. I honestly think that he carried me up the stairs. It was all a blur to be honest. My eyes might have also been closed the whole time. I knew that Ernest placed me in my bed comfortably.

Once my head hit the pillow I felt like the room was spinning. I had to close my eyes shut but it was no use. My head was killing me and it didn't help me when I was getting dizzier. I put my hand on my head hoping it would stop. I kept moving my head to make it stop. Nothing helped at all.

I kept tossing and turning and I swear Ernest said "Heaven knows your name I've been praying every day since I saw you in your car." I wanted to ask what he meant but I moved my hand to grab his. I couldn't muster up any strength to ask him. Instead our hand held onto each other tightly.

That was until I felt my eye lids become heavy. I was starting to fall asleep in a room that wouldn't stop spinning. Please wake up and ask him what he meant, I thought to myself. I had to know what he was talking about. Within a second I fell fast asleep once my hand let go of his. I couldn't be woken from this slumber but I know he after my hand left his.