Break Up

Ruby's POV

Me and Jacob were arguing about what had happened last night. I had to meet with him to break up our relationship. "I don't want this anymore" I said because I had to yell at him. He didn't get that I wanted to break up with him. "Is it because of Ernest" said Jacob in a angry voice.

"It is because you punched him in the face" I said. Why did he care about Ernest so much. He literally punched him but he doesn't care. He thinks I will run and jump into his arms or something. I knew this was coming from their rivalry. Why did Jacob have to be so stubborn. I couldn't believe how he was acting. This was actually crazy.

"I honestly thought you cared for me" I said as I glared at him. He was getting angry at me when I said I wanted our relationship to end. "When we first started dating I thought you found me funny and goofy" I said with pain in my voice. Everything I have been wanting to say is coming out.

"I thought you loved me or even liked me" I said telling the truth. I was begging for appreciation and attention. At first it was all a scam just for me to go against Ernest. Now it was just all a fucking joke. It hasn't even been that long. It was only a couple of weeks. This relationship was such a waste of my time and energy. I couldn't believe how much I went through. I was mad over stupid things.

I sighed and I walked away without another word. "Come back here" said Jacob as he yelled behind me. "Don't go to Ernest crying you bitch" said Jacob. Once I heard that come from his mouth I felt a tear go down my face. "Screw you" I said as I went all the way home. I didn't want this anymore.

I was finally at home and I sat on the couch with both my parents. "We broke up" I said mentioning Jacob. They both put their arms around me. "What happened" said my mom. I told her everything as they were quiet. They really did care about how things ended between us. They we're very supportive for me and my heart break.

"Honey you should have seen this" said my mother as she put a strand of my hair behind my ear. I had my hair in my normal braid. "Do you remember the story about the bear" my mother said. I looked at her ready to tell me. I have heard it but it was very interesting. "You were a kid and you saw a bear outside" my mom went on.

"But since you didn't have any survival instincts you ran towards it" my mom said. Me and my dad smiled since I was a very weird child. "The bear ran off thank god but it was because I ran behind you to grab you away from it" my mom said as she went on. "I grabbed you and darted back into the house and closed the door" she said as she finished the story.

"It was the most scariest thing ever. I was so afraid of you and the bear. See this is what I mean you have no instincts" my mom said as she finished her story. I sighed feeling like I didn't know what to say. "Honey" my dad said as he tried to tell her to sip making me sound like I was dumb. I mean I knew it but I let it slide. This is why it hurt me more.

"Look if you wake me up in the middle of the night because he is doing shit you don't like I guess we will have a road trip" said my dad as he was mentioning to his guns. My dad had used guns hunting with the country club that Teliah used to be friends with. I looked at him knowing my dad will do something to him and it may be murder.

"Mom can help you put your shoes on because nobody hurts my little strawberry" my dad said with a little angry tone. I was my father's princess and he was very overprotective of me. My dad also seemed more relaxed about me being out of a relationship with a guy who didn't appreciate me.

"What would he say to you exactly" asked my mother. "Jacob said he didn't feel good one night and he said goodnight to me" I told them. "He never cared" said my mother like it was obvious. My dad shook his head. I said to him "okay goodnight." I could tell that my parents didn't like our relationship. They just proved it yet again.

"Jacob even told me to leave him alone" I said. I paused knowing that it hurt me. I said "ok then if that's what you want." "Honey you don't deserve that" my mom said. "You deserve better" said my dad as they both hugged me. "Don't worry strawberry we will get you something to eat" said my mom as she finished talking to me.

I watched as she got up and walked away to the kitchen. I turned to my dad and he had his arm around me in a tight hug. I few seconds later my mom came back with a bowl of strawberries. "Yes" my dad said happily. I grabbed a cherry from the bowl to take a bite out of it.

"Do you want a drink" said my mom. My dad nodded his head. My mom went to the kitchen and came back with a bud light for both of them. "I am going to make jam tarts. I wanted to lick my lips but I still a little bummed. "Thank you" I said with a tiny frown. "Don't worry strawberry things will get better" my dad said. As we sat there I realized that I still had to tell the girls. I didn't know how that was going to go.