Perfect

Ruby's POV

We we're dress shopping and I wanted to see what we would get. Georgia tried on a dress and spun around. There was a little kid behind her who started clapping. It was honestly very adorable. I would have said "aww" like the other girls did. Everyone thought that it was so cute. I would have loved it.

I was actually busy trying to ignore Jacob. I was trying to ignore him all day. I was trying to teach him a lesson. I was feeling miserable the whole time. I did this just to see if he would care. Jacob should have appreciated me. This was my last attempt to see if he cared. If he tries I will go to the dance with him.

I want his reaction and to see if he cares. All he has to do is text me. I want him to know what I have been doing. I know guys don't realize this but he has too. This will break my heart because I am the only one trying in this relationship if it is even one. If this goes wrong at least I know where I stand in his life. I have Jacob as my top priority.

I will know that I was never a top priority in his life either. I slumped the whole time as we looked at pretty dresses for the winter formal. I was so excited for this. How can a guy just let me down like this. I sighed feeling worse. "Hey" said Georgia. I looked up at her. "Trust issues" asked Georgia after. I looked at her with a frown.

I couldn't tell that she was joking. "Not really" I said as I put my hand under my chin. "You know my trust issues started when my mom told me to "come here I won't hit you" said Georgia. I listened to her story. "My Puerto Rican family" said Georgia as she shrugged her shoulders. I wanted to laugh at her statement but I couldn't.

I felt distraught about what had happened. I know that Georgia knew that I wasn't having it today. "There is also no trust with Puerto Rican siblings" said Georgia as she had another smile on her face. "I may be competitive but so are my siblings" Georgia. I looked at her again as she was talking.

"When we had food are drinks you had to cut it evenly and then you would go the extra mile to get the bigger slice or cup with more juice. Even when they we're the same amount" said Georgia. I laughed slightly thinking about how it would be if I ever had a sibling. "Thank you for talking to me" I said to her.

"Anytime" said Georgia. She knew I was still hurting. Georgia couldn't do much to distract my mind. I went silent as I thought about Jacob. Shouldn't silence be the loudest cry. When I am happy I can't stop talking. I am sad and hurt and I have barely spoken a word. The girls brought me out here to get dressed with them for the winter formal.

I was feeling so much pain and I was just ruining the mood. I was overthinking about what Jacob had probably thought about the entire day. I was really tired of waiting. I wanted to blow up and yell at Jacob for how he has made me feel. I wanted a hug and an apology. How can Jacob do this to me.

I noticed that Georgia went to go put on another dress. She was still wearing the dress that she twirled around in. Jade walked over to me and sat beside me. I thought about how Jade ignores people who try to interrupt her music time. Maybe she can be the reason I clear my mind in a way that helps me.

"How do stay on do not disturb" I asked Jade. She looked at me confused. "We'll we spend half our time hoping that someone texts us" said Jade as she started to fidget with her hands. She sounded like she was telling me a uncomfortable truth. "When we do go on do not disturb it's because we are tired of waiting" she said softly.

"We are waiting for that one person to care about us" said Jade. I looked at her shocked. "You like someone" I said surprised. She has never said anything like that before. "He lives in China" said Jade as she looked down. "Oh" I said realizing how far that is. She nodded her head in disappointment. "I liked him for so long now but he lives in my home town"said Jade.

"Going on do not disturb can change who you are at times because you will get used to being alone" said Jade. She changed the subject probably so she won't let me know who he is. "Honestly how do you think introverts make friends" said Jade. I looked at her confused. "We don't, a extrovert finds us and we become adopted" said Jade

I looked at her and she made me want to laugh. I still felt down so I couldn't even get out a chuckle. Why was it that Jacob could make me feel this way. Ruby what has been bothering you" said Molly as she came to me after she helped Georgia put on the new dress.

"Jacob" I said as I felt more annoyed. "You know if you keep ignoring him this wouldn't work out" said Molly. I sighed feeling like she was right and I was doing this for nothing. "Look if you ignore a problem long enough it either goes away or it can ruin your life forever" said Molly. I thought in my head that it was a fifty-fifty chance.

I still think those were pretty good odds. We'll I was thinking I saw Georgia wearing a black dress. It was just like the same color of Ernest's hair. As I thought about that I got a text from Jacob. I smiled feeling great. Jacob might have learned his lesson. He cared about me and I knew maybe things would work out.