Heart

Ruby's POV

I was home alone and I just finished snacking on the last covered strawberries. I was drawing in my scrap book. I never had the chance to draw anything since I loved here. I was drawing a dress that was made out of rose petals. I microwaved the roses that Ernest gave me. I was looking at them.

They even gave me inspiration for a dress design. That was why I was making a rose petal dress. I was just minding my business since my parents went on a date night together for their anniversary. Ernest was working late but he should stop by soon. I was just waiting for him to arrive.

That was until I heard a thud from upstairs. I was curious to find out but I was also scared. I quickly grabbed a knife from the sink. I walked up the stairs to the second floor. The noise came from my room. My heat was scared out of my chest. The pumping in my heart frightened me. I was truthfully terrified.

I got to my room and I walked inside ready to attack just in case. When I looked it was Jacob on the floor in pain. The window was open and he was on the floor. "What are you doing" I said as I finally let myself breathe. "I wanted to talk" said Jacob. I put the knife down as he got up slowly.

"You need to leave" I said as he stood in front of me. "I don't mean to cause trouble but I just had to see you" said Jacob as he gave me sad eyes. I couldn't believe that. I just let out a light laugh as if it was a breath of air. I was annoyed that this is what he told me. I turned away from him to point at the door.

"Out" I said without hesitation. "I am sorry I just miss you" said Jacob. "Of course you do, I was never the problem" I said as I remembered that I felt unappreciated. This frustrated me because I was now happy and now he wanted to ruin it. "I am happy now" I said. "I know that" said Jacob.

"You looked so happy with Ernest" said Jacob. "What does that mean" I asked him. He sounded very creepy. "I saw those pictures" said Jacob with a angry tone. "The ones from yesterday" I questioned him. "Yes" he said in a duh tone. I rolled my eyes. Jacob has been stalking me and Ernest.

"I can't believe you" I said with anger in my voice. As I said that I heard the door unlock. I heard the door close from behind me. "Ruby, I'm back" called Ernest. I was excited to hear his voice for a split second before fear corrupted it. Jacob was in my room still and Ernest was walking up the stairs.

"Get out you weirdo" I said insulting him. "What" he said in a angry tone. "You have been stalking me" I said upset. "So now I am the bad guy" he said with a smile and his hands up on the air. "Yes" I said as I pointed to the window. "Just leave" I said as he glared at me. I noticed Jacob looked behind me.

That was until I noticed Ernest was at the door of my room. I saw Jacob smirk as if he had a brilliant idea. I turned to Ernest scared of what this creep would do. "Ernest" I cried as Jacob pulled my body to him. I was in horror as Jacob put his lips on mine. I watched as Ernest looked at us in disbelief.

Ernest walked in with a smile on his face and now his whole attire was ruined. I pushed Jacob off of me when I was able to get free from his grip. Ernest turned to walk away. "Ernest" I cried again as I chased after him. Ernest was already down the stairs to leave the house. I got to him just in time.

"Her kisses always tasted so sweet like strawberries" said Jacob from upstairs. When Ernest heard that he stood there not moving a muscle. "Ernest" I cried again. My heart broke when I saw Ernest's face when Jacob kissed me. "It isn't what you think" I said. Once those words left my lips Ernest turned to look at me. I couldn't even describe what he felt.

Jacob was walking down the stairs from behind me. "Get the fuck away from her" yelled Ernest. His hands turned into fists. Jacob was smirking the whole time. "Ernest, Jacob kissed me" I said trying to get his attention. Ernest looked back down at me. "What we're you doing" said Ernest with tears in his eyes. I was hurting from the pain he felt.

"He showed up" I said before I was cut off. "What are you doing here with Jacob" said Ernest angrily. This was the first time Ernest was never unfazed. This actually scared me because I hurt him. Jacob hurt him. "He snuck into my room without me knowing" I said to him. He needed to know what happened.

"Why did he kiss you" he said with a angry tone. "He wanted to get back at you" I said pleading that he would believe me. Jacob slowly walked past us and he gave me a wink that pissed off Ernest. I watched as he tightened his fists again and I knew that there was going to be a fight between them again.

That was when I wrapped my arms around Ernest. I thought that this would help calm him down. "Get your arms off me" said Ernest angry. I was hurt by what he just said. He has always told me to wrap my arms around him. It hurt me so much that he told me that. I tightened my grip because I knew he was hurt. He didn't move a muscle after he said that.

If anything he regretted it. "What are you doing" said Ernest as he looked down at me with saddened eyes. "I'm hugging you" I said as I squeezed him tighter. "Get lost Jacob" I said as he left the house. "I'm sorry but he kissed me just to get back at you. He has been stalking us" I said. "Really" said Ernest who was almost in tears. "Nothing hurts more then this" he said as he dropped to his knees. I couldn't agree with him more as we were in the floor hugging each other.