He Knows

Ruby's POV

I was relaxing in my room when I got a text. I jumped out of bed scared. Georgia just texted me that Molly told Jacob that I like him. I accidentally hit the floor when I jumped off my bed. I hit the floor with a thud. "Are you okay" asked my mom as she opened the door with a laundry basket in her hands.

"Mom" I said out of breath. I got off the floor but I was still breathing as if I ran a mile. "Yes" she said as she put her laundry down. She looked to me waiting for a answer. "Molly told my friend Jacob that I like him" I said as she looked at me. She gave me a confused look. I sighed feeling for uncomfortable.

"Calm down" she said as she laughed a little. "How do I calm down. My life is ruined because he knows that I like him" I said totally panicked. My mom just looked at me like I had no idea how easy this situation is. "Okay" I said taking a breath when she raised her eyebrows at me. "Sorry" I said as I tried to make the conversation move on.

"Just what is your advice" I asked as I begged her. "We'll I think you should tell him you do and sort things out" she said plainly. "What" I said totally shocked. I needed things to be okay not worse. I like Jacob but I wasn't planning to be this ahead and ask him out. How would I know what he will say. My mom looked at me as if I was overreacting.

She raised her eyebrow again and I calmed myself down once more. "I guess I can give it a try" I said as I slumped into scenarios. I was honestly a nervous wreck right now. I felt super excited but also very unsure and afraid. One part of me was thinking about good scenarios. My logical part of me was thinking that it won't work.

I couldn't tell if this was a sign or even as if it was fake. I could never know for sure if it was going to work out. It was a battle between the two parts of me. I just couldn't stop overthinking too much. I started to make up stuff in my head. I couldn't think straight. I kept reassuring myself that this wasn't real. My mom just looked at me confused.

It was like a world war inside my head. I had to find out so bad. My mind was thinking if he actually liked me. If he would say yes or no. Would he show me he cared. Did he want it as bad as I did. This was everything going on in my brain. I had to find out. I just had too. I couldn't let this be. I knew my stomach was going to be upset because I was feeling butterflies. This was too crazy for me.

I wanted to doubt everything I was thinking. This was such a disaster. My mom stood up and said "I need a beer" she probably looked drained from looking at me freak out. My mom is not a alcoholic but she does have a drink when she wants. She has never been drunk. She always knows when to cut herself off. She grabbed her laundry and walked away. I went back to dreading everything.

I called the girls and they said they would meet me here. I got ready and within a hour they were here. So once they got here they went up to my room. They seemed way to giggly about something. I realized that Ernest didn't come with Ava. He follows her around all the time and plays the over protective brother. It was strange that he didn't come at all.

"Where is Ernest" I asked Ava. "He is at his job" she said as she sounded upset and angry with him. "What would you say to Jacob" said Georgia as she changed the subject. "I don't know" I answered truthfully. "Pretend I am Jacob" said Molly. She stood in front of the doorway. The girls kept on snickering the whole time.

I was very confused and they made me nervous. "Just ask me out or tell me how you feel" said Molly. Jade didn't make eye contact which made me more nervous. "I like you Jacob and I would love to go out with you" I said a giddy and I started blushing. "I would love to go out with you too" said a voice.

I looked behind Molly and there in the doorway was Jacob. "So is that a real yes" he asked well everyone went quiet. I honestly couldn't believe what had just happened. "Yes" I said and all of them squealed excitedly. I saw Jacob look so happy when I said yes. He went up to me and picked me up.

He spun me around in a circle well everyone looked happy. "Congratulations" said Molly as she hugged me once Jacob put me down after. I smiled and laughed happily. Jacob had a huge smile on his face. We we're so happy. This was real I thought to myself. I was so excited about how this turned out. I jumped into Jacob's arms. He wrapped his arms around me and twirled us again.

"This is the best news ever" said Georgia as she was jumping up and down. Jade was jumping and clapping her hands. I looked to Ava and she seemed a bit awkward. "Congratulations" she said as she had a small smile on her face. I knew she was probably uncomfortable with me being with Jacob but she did put it aside for me. "I am happy for you" she said only to me. I honestly couldn't be happier.

I liked Jacob since the day we have met. He is a nice guy. Jacob is a great friend even if I don't like his. Who wouldn't want someone like Jacob. I was really lucky that the girls have surprised me with this. I could never believe that I started dating Jacob Henderson. This was great news.