Team Spirit

Ruby's POV

I fixed my skirt after Charles dropped me off. I waved him goodbye before I walked into the school. Once I was inside I walked to my locker. The girls were at my sides once they saw me. "Ruby come on" said Georgia as she was stocked about something. Molly was in her cheer uniform already to go.

"What's the rush, I thought the football game was tonight" I said confused. "It is" said Jade as she was even skipping beside me. Once people look at her she stopped. I noticed she was very insecure a lot. I put my arm around her as we followed the girls. Once we did I noticed we walked to my locker.

"Look" said Georgia since she got here first. I turned to look at my locker and there was a message on it. It said love yourself. I opened up my locker and I found red tulips just for me. "Jacob did it" said Molly. "We saw him do it earlier" said Jade. "It's so cute" I said as I grabbed them. I held them in my hands.

They we're so pretty. Everyone grabbed stuff out of their lockers as they began to ask me questions. "Did he say anything to you" asked Jade. "No I didn't even know he would do this for me" I said. "What are you going to say to him now" asked Molly. I watched as she grabbed a water bottle from her locker.

"I don't know" I said answering truthfully. I was honestly thirsty and I didn't want to be rude. "Can I have a drink" I asked her. "Yeah" she said as she flipped the top off her own water bottle. "Thank you" I said to her before I took a sip. Once the water hit my lips. I almost spit it out.

I was not expecting to take a drink of vodka cranberry at seven in the morning. I gave it back to her not wanting to drink any. "Thank you again" I said as I gave it back to her. She put it back in her locker after she took a sip. They went back to me after I was done drinking.

"Look" said Georgia as she had her head turn. We all looked in the same direction and we saw Jacob walking by with a smile on his face. He walked up to us and he looked at me up and down. I felt awkward so I played with the bottom of my skirt. "I hope you like the flowers" he said to me.

"Thank you they were very nice" I said as I looked into his light eyes. He brushed his fingers in his hair. I couldn't help but want to change a few things between us. I wanted to say it but I got scared. "See you at the game later" said Jacob as he walked away to his class. The bell rang and we had to get to class.

I had to think of something to say to him later. We closed out lockers and got ready for the school day. We walked to our classes as the halls started to become crowded. I had to rush so I wasn't late for my first period. I said goodbye to the girls and hurried off. I was thankful to get to my class in time.

Later at the football game

We all sat in the bleachers after school. Molly had to go cheer in a little bit and I thought it was best if I told someone first. "Molly I have to tell you something" I whispered in her ear. She turned to me ready to listen. "I like Jacob" I said as she squealed. "You have to tell him" she said right after. "No" I said as I shook my head. "I will" she said.

I looked at her in fear. "He should know" she said calmly. "I will when the time is right" I said. She nodded her head. I watched her eyes dart past me as she looked at someone. I turned around to find Jacob walking our way. He waved at us and walked down to our seats. Molly gave me a smirk and walked off.

I felt so conflicted. I was scared she would say something but she walked down the rest of the bleachers to get onto the field. I sighed feeling like it wouldn't be awkward the whole time. Jacob sat next to me. "Hey" he said as he sat down. "Hi" I said back to him. He scooted closer to me. I smiled as he made this little movement. He wanted to be closer to me.

"Hey guys" said Ava. I turned around and she was at the top of the bleachers waving down at us. "You came" said Georgia. "Tiffany invited us" said Ava as she came towards us. She hugged everyone and me. "Ruby this is Tiffany she is my friend" said Ava. "It's nice to meet you" I said to her. "You too" she said with a smile.

"Her boyfriend will be in the NFL" said Ava as she put her arm around her. "Oh wow" I said shocked. That is very cool. "All he has to do is win this game" said Tiffany. "This is why we came down to his game today" Ava said. I was confused why she kept saying we. Tiffany comes to the school so who was Ava talking about.

That was until I saw Ernest walking towards us. When he was walking towards us, Ava barely noticed that Jacob was sitting next to me. That was also when I saw the two see each other. Hopefully this didn't feel awkward. Ernest turned to the girls to say hi to them instead. I went back to listen to Ava.

"Look there he is" said Tiffany as the game started. She was wearing his number. That's when I saw him and everyone started screaming. We all sat down well Ava grabbed Tiffany's hand. She looked very anxious about this game. "Come on babe you can do this" she said in whisper to herself. This really was a changing point. Who knows what will happen next.

Unexpected Riches On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara