Night Light

Ruby's POV

"What did you think about being on the motorcycle" asked Jacob as we got to the food place. "It was fun" I said as I took of the helmet. It was the best feeling in the world. The wind in my hair was amazing. I felt free as we rode all the way down here.

Jacob got off his motorcycle and helped me. My hair was in a French braid. I fixed it after I handed Jacob the helmet. Me and Jacob walked inside and he opened the door for me. We walked inside and walked to the table after the door closed behind us.

We sat at a table and a waitress came to get our order. We ordered right away so we didn't stay out too late. I got noodles and orange chicken. Jacob had ordered rice and orange chicken instead. We both shared crunch rolls. Everything was delicious. We got our food and we we're half way through until Jacob started talking.

"How long have known Ernest" asked Jacob. I thought he would ask me about moving here or something that deals with me. Instead it was about Ernest. They must really have a grudge against each other. "He is my neighbor and Ava's brother" I answered him. "Oh okay" he said to me.

"I am friends with Ava" I said after he told me that. He went quiet after I had told him that. "I would like to thank you for wanting to bring me out" I said to him. "We'll you should be treated like a Royle" said Jacob. I smiled at him for being so kind. "Thank you" I said right after. "Just stick with me and we will be the perfect couple" said Jacob.

I looked at him not knowing what to say. I stress in his eyes as if they we're telling me the truth. Jacob is interested in me and he just confirmed that. The girls are telling me to take this chance. I am single and I haven't really dated anyone. I knew that if I gave my answer right away things might be a problem. I still don't know him.

"I would like for us to get to know each other better" I said hoping that it wouldn't hurt his feelings. "That's okay with me" said Jacob. I smiled since he was so caring. "We can hangout all the time at school if you would like too" said Jacob. "I would like that" I said nodding my head. We both agreed to hangout more which I liked.

I don't know Jacob so I thought this was better. I didn't want to just be in a relationship right away. I still had to get used to my new living situation. This was going to be hard but what can I do. I don't know Jacob as well as the others. I drank from my straw as I thought about what we had just said.

After we finished eating Jacob had to take me home before eight. We got on his motorcycle and we drove off down the street back to my house. I looked at the city lights as they passed by. Jacob was just driving normal speed since I wasn't used to riding on a motorcycle. This was so much fun.

My hair kept flying in the wind as we drove down streets. As we got close to my house we parked a few blocks down. My mom couldn't know about Jacob. As we stopped I took off his helmet and gave it back to him. I pulled out my phone and called the girls. I didn't want my mom to ask questions so I had to invite them for a sleepover.

"Come on, let me walk you back" said Jacob. I nodded my head once I finished calling them to meet me at my house. We walked side by side on the sidewalk. I noticed that Ava was walking towards me with her sleeping bag. I waved to her and she waved back at me. She had a sleeping mask on her head.

I looked past her for a split second and I saw Ernest standing in the doorway. His arms we're crossed over his chest as he looked mad. I noticed he was glaring at Jacob. "This is going to be so much fun" said Ava as she walked up to us. "Yeah" I said moving my braid to the side.

"Hey" said Jacob. "Too busy to care" said Ava as she went to hug me. She put her arm around me as she turned to walk us towards the house. "Bye" I said as I waved to Jacob. "See you at school" said Jacob as he walked back to his motorcycle. I turned away from Jacob and that's when I saw Ernest going back inside his house. I don't know what could have been so bad between them.

Me and Ava walked inside as I kept my thoughts to myself. We went up to my room as we said hi to my mom. We put her stuff downstairs ms a hour later everyone was in my room talking. It was so nice having friends hangout with me. I really just needed people to talk to. This is so exciting for me.

"Tell us what happened" asked Molly as she rolled onto her stomach to look at me. "We talked about being friends" I answered. "That's cool" said Jade. "What else happened since you got a ride on his motorcycle" said Georgia. "Nothing really" I answered as I thought back to it. "He treated me amazingly" I answered as I thought about what he did for me.

"That's good" said Jade. "He will treat you right" said Georgia. "You should make a wishlist" said Molly. "Or just be wishlist" said Ava. They looked at each other since they both meant different things. "I mean to do for dates" said Molly. "I mean be the thing he does" said Ava. I looked at them confused. "What I mean yes I hate the guy but still that works" said Ava. "We don't want them doing it" said Molly.

"Hey no fighting please" said Georgia cutting in. Jade walked towards me and sat on the bed and hugged me. "Things will be fine when the time is right" said Jade in a soothing voice. I hugged her back as we looked at them going back and forth for what ideal wishlist is better. Which one was truly better.