Sander's House

Ruby's POV

This was the first time that I have ever been inside the Sander's house. I was in Ava's Room listening to her tips. "Transportation is important" said Ava. I nodded my head. "It is as important as the look itself" said Ava. I was just listening to her talk.

"The entrance and departure are the most important thing" said Ava. I was mostly looking around her room the entire time. "A chauffeur or Uber black is always the best choice" said Ava. I nodded my head thinking it would be great for the party tomorrow. Everyone was invited to some house party and Molly wanted us to go and have fun. I obviously agreed.

All of a sudden I heard yelling from down stairs. "Ernest what don't you understand" I heard a older woman's voice. "That's my mom" said Ava with a sigh. I looked at her shocked. Ava hardly talked about her parents. "My mother Elsie Sanders" said Ava as she mentioned her mother's name. I could tell she was upset with Ernest.

"My father is Ricco Sanders and he is very ill" said Ava as she continued. Her unfazed voice looked more upset. You can tell she was not okay with her father's illness. Her body language even changed before she was confident and now she was sad. "My brother is here" said Ava. I looked at her surprised.

This will be the first time that I will meet their older brother. It is honestly so weird to think that Ernest isn't the oldest child. "Mom don't give him a hard time. He will learn this on his own and soon make the right decision" said a young man's voice.

"Dalvin is securing Ernest's future" said Ava. "What" I asked confused on what that meant. "Ernest is being forced to work in our father's company as Dalvin's right hand man" said Ava. I couldn't believe they would force that onto him. That sounds great and maybe this is why Ava gets upset with Ernest.

"I mean he might even be cut off from the Sander's family fortune" said Ava. I was completely shocked from what I was hearing. She nodded her head in sadness. "Ernest has to understand that this is serious" said Ava. I couldn't believe how bad his family wanted him to work together at their organization. It was so controlling.

"Ava come and meet your brother" said Elsie. "Come on" said Ava as I followed her downstairs. Once I was standing in the living room next to Ava I saw her parents. Ricco was using his cane to walk around. He was still young but you can tell he was weak. "Hi brother" said Ava. They looked at each other and gave one another a hug. Dalvin looked just like their dad. Ava and Ernest looked like their mother.

"Who is this" said Dalvin in a serious tone. "This is my friend Ruby" said Ava. I noticed that Elsie lit a cigarette. "Honey" said Ricco in a coughed up voice. "Sorry" said Elsie as she tried to put it out. Ricco shock his head in annoyance. "You" said Dalvin as he looked uneasy. I noticed that Ava's family didn't like me. I thought of this oddly since I never been here.

I hardly even met them really. "She is Ruby" said Ricco with a small limp to his step. I nodded my head feeling uncomfortable. All eyes were on me now. "She is my friend" said Ava who looked to have moved slightly in front of me. I noticed Ricco crawl at the thought of me. "I am Teliah's granddaughter " I said without hesitation.

I watched as their eyes changed from unfazed to interested. "You are a Royle" asked Dalvin. "Yeah" I said as I nodded my head. I felt uneasy again and I started to feel nervous. I crossed my arms and I started to scratch them. I looked at Dalvin who was deep in thought. I looked them not knowing what to do. "Ruby would you like to stay for dinner" asked Dalvin. I looked at him surprised.

"Sure" I said as I felt a little bit better. Maybe my name meant a lot to Dalvin just like Ava when we first met. Teliah must have been a role model for Dalvin. "Great we will get the cooks" said Dalvin as he pulled out his phone. I saw him dial a few numbers. I watched as Ricco slowly made his way to get to the couch. A nurse went to him.

"He was waiting for you" said Elsie as she took a seat further away from them. I watched as the nurse started to take care of Ricco. She even put a rag on his head. "Ellyn get his air thing" said Elsie as she pulled out a cigarette. She lit it and started smoking. Within a couple of minutes I felt awkward.

She blew out and smoke covered the air. "She is nervous and stressed" whispered Ava. I nodded my head. I watched as Ernest walked past me in his motorcycle outfit. He stopped when he saw me. I couldn't help but look into his eyes. He was looking back at me while he stopped putting on his gloves.

"Ernest, Ruby will be joining us for dinner so please stay. The cooks will be here soon" said Dalvin. He seemed unfazed. That was one thing this family had in common. Nothing really seemed to bother them. I tried to smile at him since we kept looking at each other. Ernest smiled at me but I knew he didn't want this to happen. It actually confused me.

"Come Ernest at least don't leave well Ruby is here" said Elsie as she blew out more smoke. I saw Ernest hold a unfazed look on his face. It seemed like he was trying to hide what he was feeling instead. Maybe this was something I had no clue about.

I started to get nervous again but I watched as Ernest walked back to where he came from. I turned to Ava who looked unfazed at her family. "Come and let's wait for dinner" said Ava as she took my hand. I was still able to hear Dalvin on the phone talking. I think I just got into a weird family affair.