Overall

Ruby's POV

Yesterday was one of the worst days that I could imagine. Jacob had to ruin our happiness just because he wanted me back. I thought that this was bizarre. He lost me because it was his fault. I couldn't think about that now. It is already a mess.

I was at the motorcycle shop and Ava had her arm around me. Me and Ernest talked things out but I was still upset. I was the one that was kissed. Ernest was still hurt about what happened and I blamed myself for what happened. I should have tried harder to get Jacob off of me.

Ava was rubbing my arms angered about what happened. She knew it wasn't my fault. I wanted to talk to Ernest and help him but he was busy welding. I sat there pretty much sulking. I was waiting to talk to Ernest and apologize for what happened. I sat there and waited until he was done working with a customer. It was the best I could do for now.

I brought my sketchbook with me. I was wanting the time to go by faster. I wrote a love letter to him. I noticed that the customer pairs but Ernest stayed in the back. I felt uneasy about this. Did Ernest not want to see or talk to me. That was when Ava got up from her seat to go check on him.

I kept writing as I waited there. That was until I saw Ava smiling at me with Ernest at her side. He had his hands behind his back with his head down in a shy adorable way. He looked at me with a little blush on his face. He showed me what was in his hands. It was a welded rose. It was the cutest thing ever.

I jumped up and put my arms around him in a hug. "I still love you" said Ernest as he wrapped his arms around me. I felt happy tears coming from my eyes. This was honestly the best thing anyone has done for me. "I love you too" I said as tears came from my eyes. That was the moment when I realized this is the first time we have said we love each other.

"You do" said Ernest as he put the metal rose in between us. "I do" I said as I nodded my head with a tear going down my cheek. We engulfed each other on a tight hug. "I am so sorry" I said as my face was buried in his neck. I felt his hand on the back of my neck as he tried to hold us closer together.

"It's okay" said Ernest as he started brushing my hair with his fingers. It was soothing and all I could do was stay there. I didn't even want to leave. This was very comfortable and I felt the weight flee from my chest. I was happy and nothing ruined that. We both pulled away finally and I turned to grab the love letter that I had made just a few minutes before.

I grabbed it and handed it to him. He picked it up and read the words slowly. I told him how I truly felt deep down. I described what I always thought about him. I wanted to be apart of his dreams and chase them as much as he does. Nobody else has done what he did against his parents. It was everything I needed. He was honestly the sweetest.

He goes for what he wants. He is protective of his family and friends. He takes care of us like if we we're his kids. He always looks unfazed but deep down he shows the most emotions. I felt like there was nothing better then that. He cares about how he treats me. Ernest is appropriative about me.

He wants to do stuff with me like go on dates and take me for late night drives. I have never been so happy to get a text at three in the morning. Feeling free when I hold onto him. The wind blowing through my hair as he drives us. The smile that never leaves my face as we are together.

When he tells me to put my arms around him is the best. I feel so connected with him and just the slightest touch gives me butterflies. His arms are wrapped around me like a blanket. His body covering mine. I just loved the feeling of his embrace. His affection was all I felt. When he tells me that I could never tell him no.

I always love to hug him and I have always put my arms around him. I wanted to be apart of why he smiles. Everything that I am talking about now is still hard to describe. I just don't know how to explain it any further. I just feel loved. All I can say is that it is amazing. I am with Ernest and nothing could be better then this. Our future is what I want.

I watched as he finished reading it. He smiled up at me and he took me in his arms. I never felt so adored. Ernest picked me up and spun me around in his arms. One of my legs was up in excitement. I laughed as he twirled us. My tears hadn't stop from coming from my eyes. This was the best apology.

Ava and Flint were clapping their hands. Once Ernest put me down I just hugged him. I never wanted to let go of him. He kept his arms around me and that was when I looked into his eyes. His soft twinkle brown eyes were looking down at me. He was looking into my deep blue eyes.

My blonde hair strains were in my face as the rest of my hair was in my braid. His dark black hair was messy since he had a helmet on for when he was welding. "I love you" I said again without a second thought. It felt so right because it was just as true.