Unappreciated

Ruby's POV

Today I got ready and put on makeup. I put my hair in my normal braid. I even put on my favorite clothes. I went with Ava and Molly's perfume tips. I wanted to see Jacob act in a while other way. Jacob would swoon over me with my new scent and looks. I did all of this to see what he would do.

Charles dropped me off at school and Jacob was in the student parking lot. I met him there since I knew he drove his motorcycle to school. Once I got to the parking lot I noticed Liam was there. I wanted to roll my eyes. I knew he was trouble and I don't see why Jacob hasn't ditched him yet. Liam is such a bad influence on him.

"There is your girl" said Liam as he pointed at me. Jacob was taking a picture of his motorcycle. "Hey" I said as I got close to them. Me and Jacob didn't hug since he was still taking photos. "Hey" said Jacob as he posted his pictures. "What's up" said Liam as he sounded high. "Nothing" I answered as I wanted Jacob to notice something different about me.

"Sounds nice" said Jacob as he kept scrolling on his phone. I noticed Liam was also trying to get a sneak peek of whatever was on Jacob's phone. I really wanted to know what was on his phone. What could be so interesting that he couldn't even look at me. "What are you guys looking at" I asked them.

"Social media" said Jacob without even giving me a glance. "We are liking random girls photos" said Liam as he started to click on stuff from Jacob's phone. I was so annoyed on how he said that. Jacob didn't even tell me anything. I couldn't believe how Jacob just let Liam say that to me. I am his girlfriend and at least she should treat me like it.

I was starting to become furious. The feeling went away when I heard another motorcycle pull into the student parking lot. "Hey Ruby" said Georgia as she got off the motorcycle. I could tell it was her by her Puerto Rican accent. Even with a helmet on I could tell it was her. She gave the helmet to the guy who was driving it.

I looked at the motorcycle and I realized who it was. "Hey Ernest" I said as he took of his helmet and looked at me. "Hey Ruby" he said as he took off his helmet too. "You look pretty" said Ernest as he looked at me. "Thank you" I said feeling appreciated. It felt so nice to see that at least someone noticed that I tried to looked better today.

"Oh yeah you have makeup on" said Georgia as she noticed it too. "What did you just say" said Jacob in a rude voice. I looked at Jacob and I saw that he was talking to Ernest. I noticed Liam looked annoyed that he was here as well. "I came to drop off Georgia" said Ernest in a duh tone. Jacob rolled his eyes.

"I missed the buss this morning " said Georgia. I looked to Ernest and I saw that he was trying to be nice. "Everyone was already at school so I called him from work" said Georgia. Wait Georgia knows where he works at. I looked to Ernest wondering where he had worked this whole time. Why has nobody said that. It was so strange to me.

"I will be leaving now" said Ernest as he put on his helmet. Georgia thanked him well Liam had a annoyed look on his face. Jacob crossed his arms over his chest and glared at Ernest. I waved him goodbye as Ernest started to drive away. The bell rang and we started to walk to class.

Liam grabbed Jacob by the arm walking away from the entrance doors. I just kept walking with Georgia to class. "You know if I didn't know any better you look distraught" said Georgia. I looked up at her confused. "Guys don't hype up their girl anymore" said Georgia. I looked down at the ground.

"You can get emotionally ready and physically ready" said Georgia as we walked on the side walk. "You can dress up hot and they don't even notice" she said as she went on. "Yeah" I said as I grabbed my right arm. I felt down since I tried to hard to get more attention. "They we're probably liking random girls photos huh" said Georgia. I nodded my head in defeat.

"The girls won't even notice them anyway" said Georgia as if she knows this from experience. I looked at her with soft eyes. She knew this feeling all to well. She was trying to help me feel better. She looked sad until she had a smile appear on her lips. I wanted to know what she was thinking. "When someone compliments their girl they become all mad" she said with a happier tone.

She made me realize that maybe more girls deal with this then I know. How is it that guys can do that to mess with our minds. I am starting to think this is how girls do get hurt. We try so hard that it hurts us more. Why didn't I realize this before. I thought about this quietly to myself. I noticed Jacob was behind us.

"Nothing" said Georgia. "What does that mean" said Jacob rudely. "Not much" said Georgia. "Just tell me" said Jacob as he was starting to get frustrated. "Just tell me" said Jacob as he was getting mad. I may be a lot of things but I will never a snitch" said Georgia. She walked off just to get away from him.

"What we're you two talking about" asked Jacob. "We talked about how I looked" I said. "Oh okay" said Jacob as he didn't sound so angry anymore. I felt so unappreciated by what he said. We walked to class but I went without speaking another word.