High school sweethearts

Ruby's POV

We we're back at school on Monday and I walked in with Jacob. I didn't know if I should do anything. This felt so weird since so many eyes were on us. It was like if we were a celebrity couple. It looked like everyone was watching us waiting for something to happen. People even pulled out their phones to record us as we walked the halls.

"Don't be afraid" said Jacob as he whispered in my ear. He grabbed my hand and looked forward. He looked confident and unfazed. I felt out of place. This wasn't me to be a attention seeker. I felt more and more scared until I saw my friends. I waved to them and they joined us. I just became one of the most popular girls in school.

"Hey guys" said Georgia as she walked up to us. She was wearing her soccer uniform. She was in her jumping spirit as usual. "You two are so cute" said Molly as she was in her cheerleading outfit. Jade walked up to us with her head phones on. She had a big smile on her face. When they walked up to me I could tell they were ready to tell me something.

"Have you guys thought about going to winter formal" said Molly excitedly. I barley noticed that I came at the middle of the year. I kinda forgot about all the dances and parties that I had at my school last year. With my new friends I wouldn't doubt that they wouldn't want to do the same thing. "Yeah" said Jacob. I was thinking so much that I didn't answer.

"Yes" I said with a smile. I loved getting ready. It was one of the few times that I felt pampered. I loved the feeling of being a princess. I would love to go and have a fun time. Now that I am dating Jacob I have a date to the dance. That was a good thing for me because I didn't know who to ask.

"We need to get dresses soon" said Molly. Jade was just smiling so much about how exciting this was. "They have the theme as winter wonderland" said Georgia. The theme sounded really cool. I was wanting to see what they would do for it. As my first year here it had to be cool right. I was starting to smile from the news. "We should go sometime this weekend" said Jade. "Yeah" we all said happily.

I noticed that Jacob has been texting on his phone. He wasn't paying attention to us. After he said "yeah" he never spoke a word after. He probably didn't want us to be all girly around him. I mean we were practically screaming about the winter formal excitedly. I laughed know I couldn't wait for it to come. "It's next week" said Jade happily.

The bell rang and we had to go to class. I turned to Jacob and he put his phone away. "See you guys later" said Georgia as she was walking towards the field. Molly and Jade walked off to class. I wanted to walk with Jacob to class. I turned to Jacob to see what he wanted to do. "Let's go" I said as we headed to class. We both walked side by side.

"Stand on my left" said Jacob. I looked to him confused. "I'm listening to music" he said as he pointed to his airpod. I could see it in his ear. "Okay" I said and I moved to his left side. I walked on his left side as we went to class. The halls were crowded with people and me and Jacob past by everyone. People were in aww that Jacob had a new girlfriend.

"Jacob is this your girl" asked some kid. "Yeah" he said unbothered. He kept walking and listening to his music. I couldn't help but feel different. Why did Jacob start acting so different. Before Jacob wanted to hold my hand then he was on his phone and now he doesn't even switch his airpod. He became three different people. Someone who cares to not at all.

When we got to class everyone looked at us. "Come" said Jacob as he walked to the back of the class. I followed behind him and I saw Liam sitting there. We sat down waiting for the teacher to stop. I watched as Liam turned to Jacob.

"Are you gonna hit it" said Liam in a whisper. I knew he was talking about sex. I listened to them but I pretended to listen to my teacher. "Maybe" said Jacob as he looked at me and back to Liam. He tried to do it unnoticeably. Of course it had failed. "We'll if you do don't forget" said Liam. "Nut on her feet to let her know it's baby steps" said Liam with a laugh.

Tiffany turned to me and said "us girls are better then the FBI at finding stuff out and we still can't find a good man" she said as she rolled her eyes at Liam. Tiffany's boyfriend was drafted into the NFL and now she still stayed here. They we're still happy but what she said confused me. Did I make a mistake or is Jacob just going along with Liam.

"Honestly do men ever look at other guys and think they are the reason people think they are shit" said Tiffany as she was mentioning Liam. I couldn't agree more. Liam was a horrible friend who I didn't trust. Laid was just a bad guy who didn't care. How did Molly ever date him. He probably treated her like shit. I felt bad for her and I didn't want to be put in the same situation.

Did Liam act like Jacob behind close doors. I kept wondering if he would ever treat me the way Liam talks. I didn't want to feel like I was nothing other then a complaining sex object. Liam was not a guy I would want to hang around but I have to because of Jacob. I just hope this doesn't complicate things.