Offer

Ruby's POV

Ava and Molly came after school to hangout. She was giving me more tips to have. "Ruby you need new perfume" said Molly as she put on mine. I was running out and she only was able to spray it once. I had to buy new perfume right away. I did want a new scent since mine was getting old.

"We need to get luxurious perfumes" said Molly. "You can walk into the room looking like a million dollars but you also want to smell like it" said Ava. I looked at her confused but I noticed she was giving out tips. "Oh do bougie girls smell broke girls from a mile away" asked Molly. "Yes" said Ava without hesitation. This was a very interesting conversation.

"It's truly tragic" said Ava as she said that unfazed. "Expensive perfumes should be used for events and public outings only" said Molly as she gave me a tip too. "Don't wear it at tight and enclosed areas" said Ava. We looked at her shockingly. "Boys may not remember what you are wearing but they will remember what you smell like" said Ava with a wink.

"Even when you smell like luxury" asked Molly. "Yes" said Ava as she felt done with giving us perfume tips. "All this because" I asked them kinda confused. "You want to live in someone's head rent free" said Ava as she smiled. I looked at Molly then back at Ava. Was Ava right about all of this stuff. I want Jacob and me to have a good relationship.

I know I shouldn't try to fight for attention but I want to see if he notices anything about me. I wanted something special with Jacob. I felt unsure of this relationship. I am happy but does he want something too. I looked around my room and it was weird that Ernest wasn't here. "Where is Ernest" I asked Ava. She looked at me as if she didn't want to answer the question.

"He is at his job" said Ava as she sounded annoyed about the words she just spoke. "Where does he work" I asked her. Molly also wanted to listen to the conversation. "He should work with our brother" said Ava. We looked at her shocked. "You have another sibling" said Molly surprised.

"His name is Dalvin and he is our older brother" said Ava. "How is it that we never heard of him" said Molly. "He went to a different school and took over the family business" said Ava. "Does he" I asked curiously. "Ernest is supposed to help and join the family but he never did" said Ava. That surprised me since Ernest is a family type guy.

This made me realize that Ava has been mad at her brother before because of his job but what could it be. She makes it sound really bad like if it was a low life job. I wanted to ask Ernest what he does and why his family is so against it. This whole job situation confused me. How is it that I never learned this before. They have a older brother too.

"Guys honestly the weirdest age gap is eighteen and twenty one" said Molly as she changed the subject. We looked at her focusing the conversation on the new topic. I still wanted to know more but it looks like I will wait on that. "We will have friends getting married" said Molly as she continued on. "Friends in prison" said Ava with a unfazed look. "People having kids" I said as I thought about it.

"We will even have friends who have to ask their parents to stay out past nine o'clock" said Molly. "That is so weird" said Ava as she looked at us grossed out. "This is a weird age gap" I said truthfully. Like realizing that we will be adults. As a senior I felt excited to be in the real world. I couldn't wait to get out of school.

I am obviously not ready to be a adult. I don't have a job and I can drive but I have Charles who takes me to school. I leave after my four classes just like my friends do. Today I left after fourth period and Ava met me and Molly at my house. Molly has cheer practice later and she leaves the school. She goes back for cheer but it was so weird to think of how things changed.

Jade and Georgia went to get us food. Later Georgia and Molly will go back to the school. We wanted to hangout after school together. Since they we're gone we we're just talking and hanging out. My last year of high school and it is going great. I am dating Jacob I leave school early. I learned that my dad's mom Tehlia is rich.

I moved here and got to meet a lot of people. This was a great year. Just as I was thinking about this my mom opened the door to my room and Jade and Georgia walked in. "Foods here" said Georgia as she raised the bags of food up. Jade smiled as she walked in behind her. She kinda hid since she didn't want all the attention on her. We all smiled and got up happily. My mom laughed and closed the door behind her.

Jade turned on a movie and we began to watch it. I was eating and saw that the guy became a coward. He was scared of water and he could have easily saved himself from drowning. Even when he was scared he saved her. His fear of losing her was greater then himself. That's all I wanted in my life. I want Jacob to not lose me.

I grabbed my food and took a bite out of it. I kept eating with everyone as we kept watching the movie. Why did it hurt when I thought about Jacob not liking me the same way I like him. I feel like I will have to make it work between us since we hardly know each other.