Queen

Ruby's POV. A year later

I have worked with Ernest at the motorcycle shop. I honestly don't regret it. My parents are happy with my decision. Of course when we have fights I have my own office and he has his. To be honest we hardly are in fights. It was the good thing about working with each other.

We are forced to help each other. The others have even got what they wanted too. Ava is still in her modeling career and that hasn't changed. Molly has become an actress and is showing in a top series. Georgia is in the biggest soccer league that travels worldwide. Jade is still making music.

We have all been gifted with everything we have ever loved. I personally couldn't be happier. I have even been given Princess treatment. I get roses every time me and Ernest drive in the car. When we have time to take naps I sleep in his arms. I'm treated like a Princess. I honestly can't complain.

Whenever my feet hurt Ernest just picks me up bridal style and carries me. He even gets on his knees to tie my shoes. For our one year anniversary Ernest got us a hotel room and filled it with roses. Roses were shaped in a heart on the middle of the bed. Our first initials were beside it.

There was shopping bags for me. Ernest brought balloons that even said happy anniversary. The bathtub was already filled with roses and the tub had bubbles. There was candles lite inside the hotel in the different rooms. That was the best anniversary ever. Ernest always keeps my body close to his.

I keep my arms wrapped around him too. He holds my hand and never lets it go. That is how Ernest shows me affection. How I do it is much differently than you except. I write him love letters every day. I also write to him when I am frustrated of course.

I tell him of the future and how much I want it to happen. I want the kid who fights back tears while painfully shaking the winner's hand. The one who hides their face and sobs quietly on the bus because losing rips their heart out. The kid who aches to get back to work. Losing never hurts losers, it only hurts winners. That's the kid I want in the future.

Just as I was thinking about all of this Flint was busy working on the motorcycle while Ernest walked up to me. "I found this inside my office" said Ernest. I saw that it was opened to the page of the rose dress. "Sorry, I might have left it there from lunch" I said as I took it from his hand. Ernest smiled down at me.

"Do you miss me" I say jokingly. "No" said Ernest as he was joking. I smiled since it was so obvious. He had glasses on since he was working on the motorcycle. "Take off your glasses" I said to him. He slowly took off his glasses and I saw the little twinkle in his eye. I adored it so much. He couldn't lie to me.

He gave me the I miss you look. "I love you" I said happily. "I love you too" said Ernest as he looked me up and down. I blushed underneath his gaze. "You guys are so cute" said Flint. "Thank you" me and Ernest both said. "Why can't I have that"said Flint. His voice cracked. "Like it's not even that cool" he said. Me and Ernest looked at him weird.

That was when we heard Flint fake crying. It was kinda funny since we knew he liked being single. "Ah aha ah ah" Flint fake cried the whole time. Ernest got up and hugged him. "It's okay bro" said Ernest as he tried to support him. "Yeah" I said after I stopped laughing. I was crying from how funny it was.

We we're there for him but he walked away with a smile. "I can still get Ava right" aid Flint as she jogged away. "Not a chance" said Ernest as he took off after Flint. They ran after each other playfully. It has only been a year and I have never been happier. The time has flown by and I can't let it slide by.

I sat back in my chair and looked at the dress I hade made in my sketch book. I have never created anything like this. It was the best design I have ever made. How is it that I forgot this book in Ernest's office. It was kinda suspicious because I always close the book after I am finished using it.

My art isn't something that I do all the time. It took me my whole school year to have finish the design. I thought of this dress because it represented my new life. I felt romance because of Ernest. Love and beauty came from it. Courage is what helped me go to school with a bunch of rich kids.

Red has always been my favorite color so no other dress made of roses made it more clearly. Strawberries were my favorite and so was jam so it was the same red as those. I couldn't think of how this dress could be perfect. This was the best thing I have ever designed.

I kept thinking of ways that it could be better but there was nothing. Everything was right were it belonged. Just as I was minding my own business I saw Ernest jump on top of Flint jokingly. I shook my head as they were laughing. I got up from my seat and I left the book on my office desk. I walked for them with my arms crossed.

"You two okay" I asked them. They we're laughing their heads off but they we're perfectly fine. "Yeah" said Ernest as he stood up front the floor. It looked like he tackled Flint to the ground. "Yup all good" said Flint. As they got up they came back to my office right behind me with smiles on their faces. Nothing has changed since the day I worked here.