School

Ruby's POV

Today Charles took me to school with Ava, Ernest and my mom. "Good bye, I hope you have a good day" said my mom happily. I gave her a hug goodbye. "Good luck" said Ava as she gave me a thumbs up. I thanked her for helping me earlier this week. "Just be your self and you will be fine" said Ernest as he supported me.

"Thank you" I said as I had a tiny blush on my face. Why did he have to do that. It was such a kind gesture but since it was from him I felt all bubbly inside. I waved goodbye to them before I walked inside once the bell rang. I couldn't wait to get this over with. I just wanted to get out of here already.

I was never a fan of school. I liked most of the people at my last school. I just had to see if I fit in here. I really don't have anything in common with these people. I looked at their clothes and I felt homeless. They had stuff from channel to Gucci. The guys had nothing but the most fanciest cars.

I should have prepared more with Ava. I looked behind me and the doors closed. I was off to my classes. The first one of the day. What could honestly go wrong. I found my first class easily but that was thanks to Ava who gave me a map to my classes. I was lucky to have her as a friend.

I walked into class and found the whole class talking. There wasn't a teacher in the room. Which was normal for high school classes. I walked into the class but everyone looked at me weird. I saw a group of girls walk towards me. "Sorry but the teacher isn't here" said a girl with red hair.

"Oh thank you" I said thankful for someone talking to me. "Are you new" asked her friend. "I am" I said to her. "We'll don't worry about meeting everyone" said the girl with red hair. "I am Molly-Rose Cordelia" said the girl with red hair. "You can just call her Molly" said the other girl.

"Her parents own the rich school" she said from behind the girl who talked to me once. "Yeah" said Molly with a smile on her face and a leap to her step. "I am Jade and my father is the famous Asian Dj" said Jade. "I am Georgia and my parents are the famous soccer players" said the other girl.

I studied them for a little bit while they talked. Molly had red hair and she seemed to be more like the queen bee. Jade was Asian and her color was blue. Georgia was Puerto Rican and her color was turquoise by the looks of it. I saw the flag on her backpack to tell where she came from.

It wasn't a secret she also had it on the back of her locket. I saw it when she bent down to grab her backpack. "I am Ruby Royle" I said as everyone went quiet. "I'm sorry but did you say Royle" said Molly. I nodded my head not knowing what to say. Ava told me it was a great idea to announce my last name.

In the background I heard whispers about me. "I thought Teliah didn't have a family" said a boy in the back. "Maybe she is a distant relative" said a girl. "What if her son came back" said another kid from a different table. "He could have had children" said another person. I didn't think suspicion would catch on. "Wow this will spread like wildfire" said Molly.

I knew she wasn't lying but it made me probably be the most popular girl in the school. I needed good friends. I wanted friends to hangout with me. I really wanted to have a friend outside of school too for when I am older to remember the good old times of high school. I don't have that here since I moved to a new school. I just want friends to be around.

"You can sit with us if you want" said Molly. "Thank you" I said happy that I found a group to hangout with. "Bestie" said Georgia in her beautiful accent. Georgia put her arm around me and gave me a hug. "Teacher is coming" said Molly. Everyone went to their seats as I stood in front of the class. The girls moved to the back of the class by the windows.

Georgia left me and put her arm around Jade as she walked to their seats. "Morning class" said the teacher as he walked into the room. He looked at me confused. "I am the new student" I said giving him my schedule. "Oh it's nice to meet you Ruby" he said. "You may have a seat anywhere you like" he said.

"This is our new student Ruby. Please make her feel welcome since she just transferred schools" he said out loud to the entire class. I looked back at him and I could tell I didn't like him. I had a bad feeling about him the entire time. I sat down next to the girls before. I placed my backpack down and took my seat.

He began to take attendance as I turned around to talk to the girls. "What is his deal" I asked Molly. "He comes late to class every day" said Molly. "He is secretly a creep" said Georgia. "How" I asked curiously. "He is sleeping with another teacher at the school" said Jade. "Really" I said shocked. I looked at him and I saw how he looked.

"He has his own family" said Molly. "Why doesn't anyone do anything" I asked them. "He wrote a famous book and the school wanted him for it" said Georgia. "Wow" I said not knowing what to say. I was here only for a little bit and I made friends and even heard some drama along the way. I think this was going to be where I belong.