Deserving

Ruby's POV

I was in class with a rose that Ernest got for me today. I was talking to the girls about what happened. They we're honestly in shock and disgusted by the outcome. I knew this was going to cause problems since it is drama. I could care less right about now. It was a huge problem.

"Why would he do that. What in his mind set that said it was a good idea" said Molly. "Who knows" said Jade. Georgia turned to look at me. I knew she wanted to tell me something important. "Look if your gut is telling you somebody acting weird then they acting weird" said Georgia in her Puerto Rican accent.

"Yeah" agreed Jade. "You know what" said Tiffany as she listened in on the conversation. We all looked to her to see what she would say. "A guy once told me a man is only insecure about a woman when he knows she deserves better" Tiffany said to us. "This actually hit me because Jacob wasn't secure when he saw me.

Ernest was the best guy ever because he brought all of my friend's flowers because prom is tomorrow night. "You know we should report Jacob and kick him in the balls" said Molly. "I'm in" said Georgia. "If you do it I'll do it" said Tiffany. This is the most dangerous kind of friendship I thought to myself.

I still don't know what I would do without them. They wanted to help me feel better and they were just the people to do that. Jade pulled me in for a hug and I couldn't thank her enough for her warm and small embrace. I smiled a little bit thinking I was the luckiest person in the world.

Ernest's POV

This is the first time that I have ever told my side of the story. I knew Ruby was the girl in the car when she first moved into the neighborhood. I was on my motorcycle driving on the freeway next to her. I saw her and she was so beautiful. I couldn't believe I met somebody like her from just driving by.

I saw her get down after they parked and she was standing in the driveway as I pulled up to my house. I took off my helmet and I leaned she was my neighbor. I really couldn't believe the odds. I had one of the prettiest girls living right next door. It was a dream come true since I hardly had any except owning the motorcycle shop nearby.

When I met Ruby I was afraid to like her. It terrified me since how close she was to Jacob. Once I liked her I became afraid to love her. Ruby and Jacob dated and it hurt but I wanted her to be mine. I now love her and now I am afraid to lose her. It all went into one big circle. I love Ruby and that's all that matters to me. It's just what I needed.

I was thinking about this since I was in the shop working with Flint while Ruby was at school. "Did you ever kiss her" asked Flint as he stood beside me. I turned to look at him. My face turned to stone. "I couldn't" I said not trying to feel anything. This was hard to talk about since yesterday Jacob ruined it.

"She has been with you all this time and yet you didn't kiss her...don't lie" said Flint. "I didn't kiss her" I said speaking the truth. "We have hanged out all the time and it was amazing" I said with a little smile. I wanted to be in that time forever. "You are in love" said Flint with a bright smile.

" I was already in love" I said as I looked at Flint. "Now I get one more reason to love her more" I said answering honestly. I went back to working on the motorcycle. I let my mind be distracted with the thoughts of Ruby and me. I wanted her to be mine. This was all but the most lovely thing about my day.

"How did you manage to make her happy" asked Flint. I looked at him as if he was making a bad joke. "No I mean how do you deserve her" he asked me. I smiled again thinking about why I pamper her. "I'm just trying to treat her way better than everyone else did" I said as I thought about Ruby.

"Ruby deserves that" I said knowing exactly why she deserves to be pampered like a princess. I will do this until I make her my queen. That's what Ruby deserves. People have wanted her because she is a Royle. My brother has finally let us be together in his eyes. She is no threat because he knows if we are married I will have Teliah's fortune.

It is all Ruby's inheritance. She deserves all the money that her family has made. One thing I know about Ruby is her passion to draw. I have actually came up with something that I would love to do for her. I will only do this on the day I ask her to marry me. It was amazing and I couldn't wait.

I just wanted to tell her to put her arms around me. I wanted to hold her and see her blue eyes and blonde hair. Her braided locks that shined like the sun. Her deep and light blue eyes that matched the ocean at different times of day. Her skin which was sun kissed with love. Her laugh was like no other.

I just wanted to be happy with her. I wanted to work at the motorcycle shop and go home to her everyday. I didn't need anything else in this life time. I was overjoyed with happiness. Jacob tired to get in between us and tomorrow he will try again. This time I will be ready for him.