Sides

Ruby's POV

Everyone was at the bleachers and the game had started. Tiffany walked in with Ava and Ernest behind her. Jacob moved and put his arm around me once he saw Ernest. I watched as Ernest turned his face away from us. I was confused but he went to Jade who was listening to music. Molly and Georgia was on the field playing and cheering.

We sat in the stand watching them. I had to force Jacob to come with me. It was frustrating but he agreed once I said Ava and Ernest would be there. Tiffany always invites Ava to the school for games and events. Ernest always comes with Ava whenever he can. It was weird that he was gone once.

I was so used to having him around. He is the only one that doesn't know about us dating. I don't want to just say it. He sat on the other side of Jade. We sat below them. Tiffany and Ava sat in the back. Ernest went to Jade because she was sitting alone. I wanted to talk to her but I forced Jacob to this so I stayed talking to him. He made me sit on the other side since he was listening to music.

During the game I noticed Ernest keep looking back at us. His face was unfazed and I couldn't tell what he was thinking. It was hard to talk to him since Jacob had his arm around me. He didn't want me to leave his side. The whole game kept going on but nothing changed. Jacob pretended to be all into me.

He kept playing with my hands. Jacob even started to rub my thigh as we watched the game. Ernest just listen to Jade talk. I honestly couldn't hear what they were talking about. It was loud and crazy the whole time. The game ended right on time and our team won. Now we we're all ready to leave. We waited outside in the parking lot for Georgia and Molly.

"Who is going with who" asked Molly. "We live in the same place" said Tiffany. "Oh we can take the car back to our house" said Ava. "We all live close to each other" said Tiffany. "We can go in my car" said Jacob. Most of us arrived with him anyway. We got in and Jacob was driving. We said goodbye before we left the stadium.

We'll we were driving home it was Tiffany, Ernest, and Ava in the back seat. Tiffany and Ava we're taking pictures together. "Having a moment" said Tiffany as her hand was in the air. "Just falling in love with myself again" said Ava as she took a new photo. Ernest was looking out the window bored out of his mind. "Take a photo with us" said Ava.

"Okay" I said as we took a photo. I smiled in the picture as they did cute poses. I noticed Ava was trying not to speak to Jacob since they also don't like one another. Ava and Ernest got in the car because of Tiffany. It showed behind Ava's eyes that she didn't like our relationship. I also know she didn't tell Ernest about us.

""So how is your relationship going" said Ava as we were in the car. "We are amazing" said Jacob as he grabbed my hand and kissed it. I smiled but I felt awkward. Jacob hardly gave me attention until now. I noticed Ernest sat up in his seat. "What" he asked even though he heard her. "We are dating" I said as Jacob turned back to the road. I knew Jacob was not going to say anything to him.

"Congrats" said Ernest as he turned back to the window. It got very quiet between us because we knew the air had changed. "Babe watch this" said Jacob as he started to speed up. I looked to Jacob unsure what he was doing. He was trying to impress me. "Yeah" cheered Tiffany. Ava started laughing well Ernest looked out the window.

Jacob was driving too fast and I couldn't even enjoy the music. I was praying that he stopped because he started to scare me. We are high schoolers and he may have been held back but that gives him no right to drive crazy. We got to my house quicker then expected. He was driving fast all the way and I was happy to get out of the car.

"I hope you are happy" said Ernest with a unfazed look in his eyes. "Thanks" I said unsure of what to say. "Made you look" said Ava as she waved us goodbye. Tiffany walked towards her house after saying goodbye to Ava. Ernest and Ava went inside their house across the street and closed their door.

I walked to the car since Jacob went back to the driver's side. I leaned on the open window part. We stayed quiet for a few minutes. "Bye" he said as he drove away. "Bye" I said as I moved away from the car. Jacob seemed very uninterested. This was a very weird feeling. How come he acted like that.

I walked inside the house to find my parents cuddling on the couch. They both had a corona in their hand. "Hey sweetheart" said my dad. They we're in their pajamas watching some movie. "How was the game" asked my mom. "It was good" I said plainly. "Who won" asked my dad. "We did" I said after. They both nodded their head thinking that it was good for our school.

"Come here" said my mom as she moved the blanket to the side of her. I closed the door and I walked to the couch. I moved in between them to sit down. My mom was kinda laying on me since she was laying on my dad before. My dad put his arm resting on the couch arm behind me. We stayed like this and watched the movie. I hoped that it would tell me if I made a mistake.