Letters

Ruby's POV. Two years later

We we're playing with Isaac on the couch. He was able to walk and jump by now. Isaac had a thing for jumping off the couch and into more pillows that we're laying on the floor. I was sitting down making sure that he was okay. "No no no no" I said without a pause in between them. I put my hand in front of Isaac because he was about to jump off the couch.

I patted the end of the couch so he can sit still. Instead he wanted to fall face forward into the pillows. I caught him just in time before he can fall down. "No, oh my god" I said feeling a bit panicked. I was trying to teach him safety. At this moment I felt a little bit sick. "Ernest" I called to him.

I pointed to Isaac because it had my hand over my mouth like I was got to throw up. It was still early in the morning. I know Ernest checked on Isaac as I went to the bathroom. As soon as I made it I turned and threw up in the toilet. I haven't felt like this in such a long time. I had to check on what it could be.

I pulled out a pregnancy test and I used it. After a few minutes I got the answer that I was hoping for so long. I was pregnant. We have been trying for two years and finally I was pregnant. This was very unexpected. I was so happy and excited. I grabbed a piece of paper and I started to write a little love note.

I wrote it explaining that I was pregnant and I wanted our family to grow just like we had planned. I had so much to say to him because he was a great dad. He was there for me when I needed him. I was up at three in the morning without much sleep and I was trying to breastfeed Isaac. I was rocking him back and forth as Isaac was crying.

My back was hurting as I sat up in our bed. I hadn't even showered the first couple of days as we got back to the house. Ernest was up with me since we didn't get sleep at all. He gave me pillows so I can lean my back on them so it wasn't aching. Ernest even wrapped a blanket around me and Isaac.

Ernest even leaned his back against mine. We both stayed there leaning against one another for comfort. That was one night that I never forgot. I wrote about it in my letter. When I finished it I walked out of the bathroom. I of course cleaned everything after. I walked slowly back to Ernest and Isaac.

I watched as Ernest handed Isaac a pillow and Isaac grabbed it and fell forward into the pillows. Ernest made a cheerful noise and Isaac was smiling up at us. I smiled at him but I was a little upset that he was teaching Isaac to do that. "It's teaching him confidence" said Ernest. I shock my head.

I could never be mad at them. I handed Ernest the love note with the exciting news. Ernest turned to me after and he gave me a kiss. "Isaac you are going to be an older brother" said Ernest excitedly. I watched as he picked Isaac up and made him be a airplane. Isaac had no clue what was going on but it was the cutest moment I have ever seen.

After Ernest put Isaac down I saw him grab his toy. He kept driving his toy car around. He technically didn't know how to play with it and it was adorable. "We will have another baby around" said Ernest. I wrapped my arms around him. I still payed attention to Isaac as he kept playing. I watched as he swung his toy. I saw as it hit the wall and bounced back.

It his the floor and all Isaac did was laugh. It was so cute that I smiled at him as Ernest never let go of me. I even laughed after I heard Isaac laughing. I always thought that if anyone else has ever been his so hard by a toddler that they we're ready to go against their morals and square up afterwards.

Isaac was really strong so of course I always thought if anyone else had that feeling. I didn't think he would be so strong at such a young age. He was almost as strong as his father. Isaac was a mini version of him. At least he had my eyes. Ernest finally let go of me and we both looked at Isaac.

"Do you think he will be a great brother" Ernest asked me. "Of course" I said as I looked down at him. Isaac was still playing with his toys with a smile on his face. "We should go out to eat" said Ernest excitedly. I agreed with him because this calls for a celebration. I grabbed Isaac so I can go change him.

I put him in his blue clothes and changed him. I even changed into a red dress. As I stood in the mirror I realized that I still haven't been happier. All the moments in my life have been amazing. I knew that Jacob was the only bad thing that had happened but that was all in the past. I still want to know the future.

I twirled around in my dress and I felt Isaac hug my legs. "Are you ready to go" I said once I was finished getting ready. Isaac just gave me a smile. I picked up Isaac and I grabbed the my bag. Ernest was already to go and he even had my keys. "We are going on the Benz" said Ernest as he opened the door for us. We walked out of the house and Ernest closed the door right behind us.