Belong

Ruby's POV

We we're at work a month after the wedding. I was doing paperwork and we'll I sat in my chair I was messing with my wedding ring. I looked out and I saw Flint and Ernest play fighting like always. I shook my head knowing that Ernest was going to win every single time. Flint never wins.

As I was sitting there I felt myself getting sick. I didn't feel good at all. It felt like all the blood rushed to my head. I stood up realizing that it was a bad idea. I stood up too fast. I looked at Ernest and he froze. I started at his twinkling eyes until they showed fear. My eyes felt heavy and my knees felt weak. I fell to the floor within seconds.

Two hours later

I woke up in a hospital bed. I was very scared until I saw Ernest grab my hand. "It's okay" said Ernest. I calmed down but I wanted to know what happened to me. Why did I feel like that and why did I collapse. It didn't make sense. I watched as the doctor came into the hospital room.

"Mrs Sanders" said the doctor politely. "You need to check your blood pressure from now on" he said as he went through his papers. "We're they bad" I asked confused. I never had blood pressure symptoms before. This was very confusing to me. "We are able to treat it just in time" said the doctor as he smiled down at me. I looked at him very confused now.

"Oh you both don't know" he said as he read the room. I looked at him wondering what he meant by this. "Congratulations you are pregnant" said the doctor. I looked to Ernest in complete shock. "Baby" I said thinking about a little human inside me. "When" said Ernest amazed. I was wondering that question too. "We can show you guys" the doctor said. We both stared at him blankly.

"It has been past two weeks" said the Doctor. They brought us a scan and there they starts to get to work. They put gel on my stomach and they started the scan. There was the first time we were able to see a little figure. You can't even tell what it was. I didn't care and neither did Ernest. We we're happy.

This was the best news and everyone we knew had to know. Of course I didn't want to find out this way but at least we found out sooner then later. This is why it was going to be a surprise for everyone. We both smiled waiting for the next time to see our developed little baby that was growing in my stomach.

We left the hospital happily because this was a great deal for us. I called the girls to let them know. They we're screaming with excitement. I got on the motorcycle with Ernest but I knew he was more careful as he was driving. I was so happy that I rested my head against Ernest. I closed my eyes until he had stopped driving. That was when I saw we were at a care dealership.

Ernest helped me off his motorcycle and we both walked into together. "What are we doing here" I asked him. "I am buying you a new car" he said. "What" I said completely shocked. "You are giving me a child and I am giving you a new car" he said. Those weren't the same thing but it was the gesture that counted. "I know it is not the best thing" he said.

"Nothing is more better then a baby but I knew you should have something that is given to you too" Ernest said with a smile on his face. I adored him so much and a baby just meant as much as it did to him. "Our family" I said as I placed my hand over my stomach. That was the first time that I knew it was true. I really was pregnant and it was unbelievable.

Ernest just walked in and I pointed at a vehicle that I liked and he bought it for me. No questions were asked since he told them everything he wanted. "Look" said Ernest as he pointed at a baby on board sign. "We will take that too" I said with a smile. We added that to the vehicle I got.

I wasn't feeling well earlier and the news of our baby was still amazing. My husband went out of his way to buy me a Benz because I am pregnant with his baby. Our family is growing and we couldn't be happier. I hugged Ernest tightly after he told me to wrap my arms around him. Our baby was so lucky to have him as a father. I was still so happy about everything.

I saw the car after he had bought it for me. The little baby on board sign was so cute. I didn't even know how lucky I was. This was one of the biggest moments in my life. I got in the front seat and Ernest checked the back to see if a car seat can fit inside. I never noticed that he would care this much. Our baby had to be safe and I never knew how much this will change me as a person.

When I was sitting in the front seat I thought about what I can do with my life. Ernest was wanting to work at the shop. I work there with him. I still have my grandmother Teliah's money. I never had to work a day in my life. This was something I really wanted to do. My hands were on the stirring wheel. I turned to look at Ernest who was looking at me.

"I want to be a stay at home mom" I said with the biggest smile on my face. Ernest knew that this was something I wanted. I got out of the Benz and I hugged Ernest as tightly as possible. My future meant everything to me now that I was going to be a mother. I couldn't be happier.