You Can Tell

Ruby's POV

We went back to the shop in the morning. I saw Ernest and Flint sitting on their motorcycles. "Hey guys" I said as I waved my hand. They turned and smiled at me. I knew these guys were older and I saw their drinks in their hands. We joined them by their motorcycle and sat with them.

Ava sat by Flint on his motorcycle. I joined Ernest as we heard their stories. Before Flint began the story he wanted to tell us I saw their boss walked towards us. "Hey" he said politely. "Nope already drinking" said Ernest as he and Flint show him their beers. "At ten a.m" he questioned them. "Yeah" said Flint as he finished his beer. "See empty" said Flint happily.

"Oh so I started ruining relationships" said Flint after their boss walked away. We we're all ready to listen. "We'll for other people" he said which caught our attention. "My roommate went on a date and I thought he would get home early" Flint said as he began his story on ruining relationships.

"I woke up at two in the morning and I went to the kitchen to get water. I don't sleep with clothes on so I walked to the refrigerator naked. My roommate won't be up anyway. So I get to the fridge and open it. I grabbed the Brita filter that is filled with Vosce water. I heard the front door unlock" said Flint.

I was truly surprised by this story and so was everyone else. "I had to make a decision and it wasn't going to be jumping over the counter naked. I don't have the physical ability to do that. My second decision was to run out of the kitchen but that would give them a view of every angle" said Flint which made the story sound interesting.

"I wasn't going to run towards the front door so that leads me to my third option. The option I did was use the Brita filter to hide my body. My roommate walked in and turns on the lights. They both look at me and I remember that water is see through. So they we're able to still see everything" said Flint.

"The girl looks horrified from me standing in the kitchen naked. My roommate said "hey Flint" and he walked past me like nothing. She follows behind him still surprised and I'm there trying not to giver her eye contact. Ever since that night I never saw her again. I do feel bad but I felt so much worse" said Flint as he finished up his story.

"My roommate made it feel like this was nothing out of the ordinary for finding me naked in the kitchen so I thought of making better life choices so I don't scare off my roommates dates anymore" said Flint. I honestly couldn't stop laughing. "She was probably like oh god" I said since that sounds disturbing.

"She was probably thinking it was smaller since you were magnifying your dick" said Ava. "Hey" said Flint laughing. "That was uncalled for" said Ernest. "What" said Ava as she said it in her unfazed voice. How is it they rarely show emotions. It was always so fascinating to me. I watched as the conversation continued.

I looked to Ernest and I honestly couldn't believe how I kept looking at Ernest. He was the best guy that even I could even like. Me staring at him with a sparkle in my eye was something I thought was perfect. I couldn't help but wonder if he would ever have the same look. He always had soft eyes even when he looked unfazed but the world.

"We'll see you guys we got to drop off Ruby" said Ava. "Oh you have to go already" said Flint in a distraught voice. "Yeah" I said realizing my family still wanted me home early. My dad wanted to have a family dinner even if it was just my mom and me. We said goodbye to the both of them and I walked to the car with Ava walking beside me.

"Hey Ruby" called Ernest from behind me. This was before I even left the motorcycle shop. I turned around to find him coming to me in his muscle shirt. "Yeah" I asked him as I put my hand over my eyes so I can block the sun. "What time do you wake up at" asked Ernest. I was very stunned by his question. I gave him a surprised look.

I looked back to Ava in shock. I turned to look at Ernest and I decided to give him the time I wake up at. "five twenty five" I said to him once I thought about it. "Okay" he said without hesitation. I really wanted to know why he asked me that in the first place. I saw Flint jumping in the background excitedly. Flint had the biggest smile on his face.

It was as if he was celebrating something amazing. I looked at Flint weird and he stopped jumping and doing little hops. He reminded me of a happy freshman cheerleader who was asked to homecoming. I shook my head thinking that it couldn't be that kind of celebrating.

I looked to Ernest and he smiled at me. I loved the way he looked at me. His smile was actually charming. I smiled back at him not knowing what was going on. I watched as he turned and did a slow joke back to Flint. I turned back to Ava after I kept smiling. This was a good feeling for me.

5:25 am

I woke in my bed. Last night with my family was amazing. I had school to get to so I quickly jumped out of bed. As I got up I remembered that Ernest asked for the time I wake up. He asked me yesterday and the more I thought about it I honestly had to be wrong. Ernest wouldn't right. I grabbed my phone and sure enough there was a text from him saying good morning. I couldn't stop from smiling.