Old Souls

Disclaimer : There will be a negative 'pejorative term' for people with special needs. The reason why i still put it there just for educational purpose only. You can skip that part.

It's a peaceful morning at Giovanni's mansion as the family having their breakfast together. They have Risotto today, one of the most famous Italian delicacies. Like most Italian, Fabio Giovanni took pride in it because food is the most sacred thing for them. One inconsistency, one attempt of modification, will definitely angered almost all the population from Lombardy to Sicily , from Sardinia to Venice and so on.

Although he lives in the states, he always makes sure that every part of the food is coming from the Roman's country. Like the Parmigiano-Reggiano made in the northern Italy that cost $1000 for a single wheel. It's an insane price for cheese but authenticity is a must for wealthy people.

Aria is the last one to joined the table, she already in her school uniform as she took her seat beside Emilia. The latter though still wearing her pajamas because unfortunately she got suspend for a week by the school for her complicity of the incident at Ophelia's house.

Nobody talk at the table, only the soft Opera music coming from the stereo could be heard. Even the maids and butlers just standing on the corner waiting for their masters to finish. That's until Fabio took a glance at his biological daughter. A smirk formed on his lips as the excitement built early for the question he wants to ask.

"Anna Maria.."

Aria looked up from her food when her name being called. She used to dislike it when her father called her by that but when she remembered Ophelia said that it's a beautiful name. Slowly she started to like it. "Si Papa?"

Fabio dropped his spoon before leaning a bit closer so his daughter could hear him clearly. "How is she doing?". All the eyes on the table turned at him, especially Emilia who got curious to whom Fabio referred to as a she.

Aria on the other hand already knew who her father talking about, she got a little bit excited but nervous at the same time because Emilia here beside her. "W-Who are you talking about?"

"That beautiful girl! Ophelia! Who else?".He stared at his daughter in amuse, knowing that Aria was acting clueless earlier. As soon as she heard that name, the grip on Emilia's spoon tightened.

"Ophelia?". Mrs. Giovanni joined the conversation. "You mean that Ophelia?". She asked Fabio for confirmation after taking a glance at Emilia.

"Yes.". Fabio nodded. "Aria took that girl to our Pizzeria last night. By the look of it, it seemed that Anna Maria took a fancy on her.". Debbie nodded slowly then playfully smile at her step daughter.

"Wh-What are you talking about papa? We're just friends."

"Ohhh really?. You never took someone before, especially to our pizzeria. You sure you don't like her?". Aria couldn't say anything, yes she likes Ophelia but it's not the right place to elaborately admit because her ex girlfriend is here and she doesn't want to be a jerk especially after hearing Emilia's true feelings about their break up. The whole situation was rather confusing because deep down Emilia still has her own place inside Aria's heart. "You know, if you're not confident. I can help you". Aria stared back at her father in confuse. "I know her family, we can make a little arrangement for your future with her,-"

Emilia suddenly got up from her seat. "I'm done,I'll go back to my room.". She let out a heavy sigh glancing at the curly haired girl before walking away from the table.

"But you haven't finish your food! Emilia!". Debbie called her daughter again but she already gone. "I'm sorry about that Amore mio.". She said apologetically towards her husband.