The Devil's Trill

Team Rosalind! I'll annoy you in this chapter! :D

She doesn't know why she really ended up here at Rebecca's theatre, wearing a black sleeveless fancy dress that flashed a bit of the smooth skin on her chest and also the light makeup that compliment her beauty with the fresh blow dry on her brunette hair. It's not like Ophelia want to earn Aria's impression when she saw her. NO, it's merely following the crowds around her.

She tried to think about this decision again whether it's really right to be here or not because apparently, she lied towards her girlfriend by telling her that she's doing homework at Bianca's. It will be a problem if Rosalind knew about this, but this is also for her peace of mind. After all, Ophelia came here as a friend, nothing else that will make her girlfriend jealous.

One by one the guests sit down on their designated seat, since Ophelia a VIP she searched for her seat at the very front. "Signorina Ophelia!". Ophelia a little bit surprised to see Aria's father already sitting beside her seat with his wife on his right. Well, it's his daughter's performance anyway of course he wouldn't miss it.

"Signor Giovanni..". Ophelia greeted back, she startled a bit when Fabio hugged and kiss her cheeks. European, Ophelia reminded herself.

"What a surprise to see you here mia bella!". He lied, Aria actually already told him that she was inviting Ophelia as her 'special' guest and warn him to act decently around her. "Oh please introduce this is my wife Deborah". He motioned to his wife then whisper. "Cara mia, this is the infamous Ophelia"

Deborah nodded as she extended her hand towards Ophelia. "Nice to meet you, Ophelia. Just call me Debbie". Very different from her biological daughter, this woman first impression for Ophelia was full of friendliness.

"Nice to meet you too, ma'am". Ophelia glanced at her side, looking for someone. "Where's Emilia?"

"Oh she's not really into this classical music stuff"

Fabio nodded pursing his lower lip. "She always said that this is just the music for old people". He sounded disappointed, but clearly still respect his step daughter's opinion. "What about you? What do you think about classical music?"

"I think it's beautiful and special, after all it's the basis of modern music". Classical music is not a foreign thing for Ophelia.

"Very true, very true. You know, we as Italians, are very proud of our classical composers. Says the famous names like, Vivaldi, Paganini, Monteverdi, Puccini...and what Anna Maria will perform tonight is the sonata from one of the greatest Violinist in history!"

Ophelia smiled, seeing this man excitement caused her to feel the same. "I cannot wait to see her performance too"

"Wine sir?". Suddenly a butler came to their side while bringing a tray of Prosecco.

"Oh please...You want to try mia bella?". He asked towards Ophelia.

"Oh no, I'm still,-"

Fabio clicked his tongue. "Non problema, in Italy you already legal. Just this one time, I won't tell anyone".Ophelia grinned awkwardly but slowly took one of the glasses before sipping it a small amount. It tastes good actually, she noted. "Just not too much, we still have a performance to see". Fabio reminded jokingly.

Ophelia chuckled then drop the glass to the table in front. She wanted this show to just start already. It just feels so awkward sitting beside Aria's parents, even though they are quite nice at her. If only she had another ticket, she will ask Rosalind to join but of course even if there is, she doubted Rosalind will come knowing how not very fond of Aria her girlfriend is.