The Void

Rosalind arrived at Ophelia's house in no time. She was curious of why her girlfriend suddenly asked her to come over. Although, she got a little hint already of what Ophelia will probably talk about.

Rosalind quietly staring at her girlfriend as both of them sit on the bed. Uneasiness clearly seen on Ophelia's face, her gaze planted on her own fingers, don't have the courage to look Rosalind directly on the eyes, afraid that Rosalind immediately caught her in the lie, beating her from explaining things. 

It's been few minutes, yet nothing come out from Ophelia's mouth. She was still trying to arrange the right words in her mind, how not to make her girlfriend angry, how not to make Rosalind leave her. But she knew, it's unavoidable. It's her fault after all.

"So?". Rosalind scooted a little closer, starting to get impatient with this silence. "What are you going to talk to me about?"

Ophelia finally looked up, her eyes were glassy trying hard not to burst by all the worse scenarios in her mind. "I'm sorry.." She said finally, while trembling. 

Rosalind gulped, something tell her whatever Ophelia will say, will eventually break her heart. But she still wait, without judging as Ophelia continued. "I know you'll be mad at me or even hate me, but I can't keep this from you any longer"

"What? Please just say it.."

"I-I lied to you the other night, when I told you I was doing homework at Bianca's. I actually...went to Aria's recital". Rosalind sighed, she already know about it obviously, but she sensed there's something more to the story. "And after that, i- I didn't know what came to me, but we...but we kissed"

"What?!". Rosalind couldn't believe what she heard, so this is what the 'details' that Aria talking about. That damn Italian mob kissed her girlfriend. She sat up abruptly, pacing back and forth trying to hold her anger.

"I promise you it's nothing!". Ophelia held Rosalind by the arm, begging her to keep listening. "There's nothing between me and Aria!"

"Do you like it?!". Rosalind asked with her jaw tightened, her biggest fear in this world right now is to see Ophelia fall for that girl.

Ophelia paused for a second, when her girlfriend groan she immediately denied. "No, I don't! You're the one that I love!"

"If you really love me you wouldn't kiss that girl!". Ophelia went quiet, she deserved Rosalind's anger. "I'm so disappointed at you Ophelia! Here I am being faithful to you, risking my job to date my own student, in order for what? Hearing her kiss another girl?!"

"I'm sorry...". Ophelia hugged herself with tears streaming down her eyes. It's over now, she thought. She regretted everything, for kissing Aria back, for lying to Rosalind. If only she could turn back time, she will fix it all. But it's impossible, all she can do now is just receive the fact that Rosalind will hate or even worse leave her.

Ophelia heard Rosalind sighing as she flopped back to her side. "Thanks for being honest with me...".Ophelia turned her gaze, noticing the softer tone on Rosalind's voice and that smile, that beautiful smile the blonde always gave to her.

"Y-You're not, you're not angry at me?". Ophelia asked in between her sobs

"Of course I'm still angry, knowing my girlfriend kissed another girl? Who wouldn't?"

"I'm sorry, I still want to be with you Rosalind. Please, don't break up with me, I only love you!"

Rosalind extended her hand to caress the brunette's hair. "Who said I'm going to break up with you? Nah, not like this. You're the only one I love too, I don't want to lose you"