Principal Marjoriana

This chapter will be focusing more on Principal Marjorie, you can skip this if you don't like

I changed Marjorie's age anyway, for relevancy. Before was sixties but now she's in her mid forties. 

Meryl closed her eyes before letting out a sigh, then once again checking her surroundings at a shabby apartment complex building downtown. Before this, she couldn't imagine to ever step in this kind of place, not because she's too sophisticated to be here, but because there's no reason...anymore. The only person she knew who live here, had been clear enough on the past, didn't want to do anything with her that involved personal business anymore.

It was to be expected anyway as what Meryl did to her in the past, breaking her heart, was so unforgivable.

But why Meryl is here anyway? If it's not because what Ophelia had left on her desk. Something that Meryl had forgotten about long time ago and that she thought it was taken by the supposed to be receiver of that own very letter. Meryl let out a flat chuckle, she should know better she shouldn't put that letter in that kind of place knowing, it was impossible to be found by someone who seldom read at the library and the only time she was really there, was for sleeping.

She knocked eventually onto the door, there's no responses for a moment, Meryl thought there's no one home. When she was about to cancel whatever she was going to do in here, she heard faint footsteps.

" Suppp?" There was a young girl, probably still on her twenties who opened the door in a sleepy manner. Meryl thinks for a moment, she thought she got a wrong address, but the unit number was what she sure was correct. Maybe she moved out already?

"Hello, ehh I'm sorry, I'm looking for Elena Alvarado, is she still live here?"

"Yeah..." The girl said lazily before suddenly smoked her joint in front of her, making the principal coughed a little. She just noticed how intoxicated this girl really is, or as usually most people said...high as fuck.

"Is she...available?" Meryl asked maintaining her professional stature despite the lack from the opposite individual.

"Yeahh...you wanna see her?" The girl sniffed before calling the owner of the apartment. "Big girl Elena!" The nick name earned a raising brow from Meryl. "A lady with...*glance* expensive shoes want to see ya!"

"What lady...with expensive shoes?" Suddenly another stoned girl joining them, taking an interest on the woman's shoes. "Yeah...that kinda expensive." She pointed at the Jimmy Choo she's wearing "How many doritos do ya think we have to steal to get that?" She suddenly asked a bizarre question towards her friend.

The first girl started to think. "Probably ten..."

"That's pretty cheap"

"Yeah, like your mama" The two girls suddenly high fived while chuckling and then wheezing and then coughing at the same time.

" 't was a good one..."

"Ya know I'm just playin'..."

"It's cool man..."

Meryl suddenly cleared her throat, seemingly already impatient with both of them. "Excuse me...Elena?"

"Oh yeah!" The first girl slapped the second girl's arm. "The lady want to see Big girl Elena, call 'er..." Finally, the second girl went back inside, although walking lazily. The first girl suddenly turned at Meryl with her face still stick onto the door frame lazily. She was staring at the woman intently, making the latter uncomfortable. "Hey Lady..." She suddenly opened her mouth. " Did you see the Romanian dude sitting on the stairs when you got here?"