But no one ever asked, How's Portia?

Filler Chapter dedicated to Portia and Bianca

This is the first day of Portia's job as the journalist at Satterfield network, she felt so excited yet nervous at the same time as this is also her first experience in the work world. It's all thanks to Bianca's help, although it could be count as collusion one might say, but seeking job nowadays especially in her field without experience, it's almost impossible to get hire immediately. Just like last time, at the rival network. She got into entry level position, three months probation without getting paid and still no news after that.

Although coming for a wealthy family herself, but Portia don't have any interest to follow her mother's step. She wanted to make a name of her own thus journalism became what she wished to thrive for. Since childhood, she always like reading and watching the news. Says the famous names like Diane Sawyer, Barbara Walters, Anderson Cooper even the legendary names like Katharine Graham, Ida B. Wells and Nellie Bly. She wanted to be like them, bringing people facts and knowledges about the world and the society we live in. Even if it's just an entertainment for a family to live up their living room.

It's still a long way for her to be a news anchor, but she hoped one day she'll be able to wear that formal dress, smiling to the camera and eloquently bring people their latest news to the table.

"This is your desk" Mr Gupta, the editor in chief took Portia to one of the cubicle. "Welcome to Satterfield network, I hope you have a good time working with us"

"Thank you, sir!". Portia shook the man's hands.

"If you need anything or there's something you don't understand, just ask... Ms Kim over there!". He pointed towards the Asian girl beside her cubicle. Hearing her name, the girl slightly turned towards them, giving Portia a glare, before going back to her computer. She must be a fun person to work with, Portia thought.

"But please, don't ask personal thing towards her". Mr Gupta whispered. "Rumour has it, she was a North Korean defector". Portia whistled. "Good luck!". The Chief editor smiled before leaving Portia by her own.

The new girl turned to her cubicle, adjusting her position on the chair before clearing her throat awkwardly to earn her new co-worker's attention. "My name is Portia Bennet"

"Stephanie Kim...". Simple generic Asian American name.

"Nice to meet you, Stephanie!". The girl hummed without looking away from her screen.

"Sooo...Is there something I can help you with?". Portia asked after few minutes passed, the boredom and awkwardness of being the new employee without work on her empty desk finally getting to her.

"No". Stephanie answered simply again.

"What about...something else I can do? I'm quite free here". Portia chuckled awkwardly.

Stephanie finally gave her attention fully, she glanced at Portia's desk before getting back at her. "You can bring me coffee"

Portia looked taken aback by the request. "C-Coffee?"

"The beverage, usually in black colour, contained caffeine?"

Of course, Portia knew what it is, but she just let Stephanie's doubt on her comprehension ability to go on. "Right..."

"No sugar please!"

With a forced fake smile, Portia finally getting up from her desk to get the order. She heard Stephanie's typing sounds stopped for a second, as if she was glancing at Portia's back judgingly before the typing sounds could be heard once again. Portia sighed, heading towards the pantry. First day on the job, and her first assignment was... making coffee.