Match of the Year

Beware, randomness ahead!

The orchestra music echoed inside the rehearsal studio at Rebecca's theatre, as their young musicians are practicing again for their upcoming recital. The conductor closed his eyes as he sharpened his hearing sense to pinpoint which notes his students failed to perfectly execute. He suddenly closed his palm, gesturing the orchestra to stop. He sighed, looking to the one person who kept repeating the same mistake for the third time in a row.

"Aria, what's wrong?". He asked with a thick German accent. The other players also turned their eyes towards Aria, this is a rare occurrence from the prodigy.

Aria put the down her violin. "I'm sorry Mr Schneider, I'll do it again". She began to lift it again, but the conductor stopped her.

"No, just go. You done your practice for today. Music is depended on the heart, no matter how talented the musician. If your heart not focus in here, you wouldn't find a perfect symphony. You can only be an obstacle for the rests"

Aria sighed, she couldn't argue with him because what he said was true. Her heart, broken heart still focused on a certain person. "Alright, I'm sorry". She put her violin back to the case, before completely leaving the studio.

Looking at her watch, Aria noticed that it's almost midnight. The rehearsal took quite a long time for today, they have to work hard because the next recital is so important as the people from Juilliard will watch their performance. If she's lucky, she'll get her place in that prestigious arts school. If not, well she doesn't really mind about it. She's playing violin only for herself and her mom anyway, probably a certain someone too, but that someone also who affected her failed performance for today.

She walked outside, the storm has been gone luckily. She didn't go to school today though, beside rehearsal she just doesn't ready to see Ophelia again. After the rejection, she stopped talking to Ophelia whether it's from her real identity or the online. It felt so different, talking to Ophelia is like a routine for her. But she has to try to get over with this, it's the deal she made with Rosalind.

Aria went to her scooter while holding the violin case on her right hand, when she was about to put it on her back, out of nowhere someone grabbed her by the shoulders then drag her to the nearest dark alley, dropping her violin case onto the ground in the process.

"Argh!". Aria groaned when her back hit the brick wall harshly. She tried to push this, whoever this crazy person is who suddenly attack her, but the arm strongly holding her by the neck, she couldn't get out. "Who the fuck are you?! Let go of me!". She tried to scream but no one nearby. When the light from the passing car illuminated, that's when Aria noticed the blonde hair and green eyes from the hooded person, none other than Rosalind.

"What the fuck?! Rosalind, get off me!"

"We've made a deal Giovanni!". Rosalind said firmly through her gritting her teeth, pushing the younger girl harder. "We've made a deal!". For someone who always look so calm and composed, it shocked Aria to see how angry Rosalind at her.

"Are you out of your mind Carson?!". But it didn't stop Aria's struggle to break free from the blonde's grip. Rosalind stumbled, when Aria got to push her back. "What the fuck are you talking about?!"

But Rosalind was still blinded and deafened by her anger, she didn't notice the genuine confusion from her tone. She charged again towards Aria, this time they pushed on each other, trying to compete of who got to drop each other to the ground first. Eventually, both of them fell to the ground at the same time, landed on the dirty puddle of the alley. They didn't even care when their clothes dampened and stained by the disgusting mud.

Aria got on top of Rosalind, she pushed the blonde's on the shoulders while the latter dig her nails onto Aria's arms. It's obvious from the force they let out, one of them will get some bruises while one of them will get some scratch marks in the next day.