Edward figures out there's something wrong with Bella's powers

Edward pov

These bull shark came out of nowhere. First a fire creature appears on the Swan vessel and they lost there vessel.

Then the crab creatures and the great whites appear out of nowhere. Now bull sharks that can walk.

I just hope Bella stays in my room. But as soon as I said it in my head I get this feeling something was wrong with her.

I ran as fast as I could and I stop dead in my tracks when I look down and see a bull shark just a few feet in front of her.

I watched as she threw a fire ball. My eyes widen when I felt something really off with Bella.

I growled through my teeth. I didn't think and I jumped over the railing and I landed in front of Bella with my back towards her.

       Bella pov

Then I heard something hit the floor behind me and I froze and I slowly turned around and I saw someone back.

All I could do is blink in shock and then all of sudden I felt safe. Cullen! I couldn't move as I watched him fight the creature.

I finally just slowly went to the floor. I know I said it before but this is really to much for me and I start to breathe heavy.

I just couldn't understand all this. How did Cullen know I was in danger? Why is my main shield down? Why is my powers not advancing and why can't I get the right power to work? Most of all why is Cullen protecting me?

I just closed my eyes and tried to hold back my tears.

Then I felt a hand on the side of my face and felt safe and those little shocks. The gift I gave him.

I leaned into his touch. I couldn't help myself as I reached up and wrapped my arms around Cullen's neck as tight as I could.

He jumped at first not knowing what was happening until he wrapped his arms around me and just held me to him.

He finally scooped me up and just carried me back up the stairs.

My guess is he taking me back to his bedroom room because I felt him lay me down.

He tried to let me go but I tightened my hold on him. I didn't want him to go I was safe now.

He finally took my arms off of him and kneeled down in front of me.

"Hey open your eyes Swan." I slowly open my eyes. "Bella!" I told him. A smile came on his face.

"So you do speak without speaking with your mind." I just nod my head.

"I'm coming back. I'm just going to finish helping them on the top deck to get the creatures off the vessel." I was shaking my head.

"What is it?" He asked me. I just put my head down, because how do I explain to Cullen it's me that are attracting them.

"Nothing!" I told him. But as soon as he was gone I was going to go change course even though it won't help much. But it would get us out of here.

I watched as he walked out and I gave it a few minutes and got up and made sure no one seen me.

I made my way to the deck again. Once there I made sure no one saw me as I still used the wall to make my way to the stairs.

Once I got to the stairs I made my way to the bridge but I made sure I was out of eye sight.

I made it to the bridge and I got to the main console. First I closed my eyes and imagined my shield and wrapped it around the bridge.

This is going to take all I have left out of me. But I have to get this vessel out of here to safer ground until my regular shield and other stuff gets sorted out.