Bella figure out she was going to die

Edward pov

It didn't take long for Bella to fall into a deep sleep. I got up and jumped into the shower and cleaned up.

I got dressed but when I walked back into the bedroom I felt Bella shield still up.

I walked over to the bed and gently woke her up. She opened her eyes and looked at me.

"Baby can you take your shield down for me?" I asked her. She waved her hand.

"Can I go back to sleep now?" She asked me. I cupped the side of her face and she leaned into my touch.

"Yeah you can go back to sleep. I will be back later to check on you." I gently kissed her forehead and got up and made sure she was covered and walked out.

I seen my mother walking towards me. "Young man!" My eyes widen when she called me that.

"Why didn't you answer your door when I knocked on it?" I looked at my watch. It was 6:30p.m.

"Mom I'm not explaining why I couldn't answer the door. Just know I couldn't because I was calming down Bella." I told her.

More that Bella put up her shield and I didn't hear her. "How is she?" Mom asked me.

"Sleeping finally." I told her. "Maybe I will go check on her make sure she doesn't need anything." My eyes widen.

"Mom no! Please just let her sleep. Beside she told me that's all she wants to do right now is sleep." I told her.

"But she needs to eat." She told me. "Mom I will take her some food when I go back to my room. Please just let her sleep." I told her.

She finally turned around and walked the other direction. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Let me guess, you don't want your mother to see Bells with no clothes?" I froze when I heard Charlie ask me that.

He started to chuckle. "I am her father and I felt her normal shield go up. So I put two and two together and I saw her when you walked out of your room. Relax son." He told me.

"How can I relax when you're up in mine and Bella personal business? Plus you could of explained to her better about the birds and the bees by the way. She didn't even know it was going to hurt the first time you fool." I covered my mouth.

Where the hell did that come from? I asked myself. I shook my head. "I deserve that." He told me.

I turned and looked at him. "Really because normally I'm not like that." I told him. A smirk showed up on his face.

"Your just protective over your mate." He told me. "Trust me when I tell you it's not Normal. But this is different." Now I was confused.

I walked away from him so I could get something to eat and I took it to my office.

      Bella pov

I started to get hot again. I thought the air conditioner got turned down or something.

I got up and wrapped a blanket around me and go and look at the thermostat.

It wasn't working for some reason or I'm dreaming. I looked at again.

I tried messing with it but nothing. I pressed the button for the speaker because it was next to it.

"Edward!" I called out. "Yeah!" He said. "Your air conditioner isn't working." I told him.

"Your kidding me right now?" He asked me. "Edward I'm not in the mood to argue with you and it's hot or I'm hot hell I don't know." My legs gave out as I slid down to the floor.