chapter 38

Edward pov

I woke up the next morning with Bella still in my arms and she was still sleeping.

God I felt amazing now and she was absolutely beautiful last night. To feel so much more of her the way I do now is incredible.

I didn't want to move right now and I didn't have to either except I really got to piss.

I carefully got up so I didn't wake her up and after I was done I decided to make us breakfast and coffee and restart the fire.

I could feel Bella start to wake and she didn't want to move.

I smiled. "Baby you don't have to get up if you don't want to." I told her.

"But I have too!" I started laughing. She come out in her PJ shorts and a tank top and stopped and looked at me.

"Behind the tent baby." I told her laughing again.

"Oh, coffee. He made me coffee." I couldn't stop laughing and she came and set next to me and leaned against me and I wrapped my arm around as I drinked my own coffee.

"I made breakfast." I told her. "I'm enjoying my coffee first and soaking up my husband first so leave me be." I laughed and gave her a kiss on top of the head.

She called me husband. I grinned. Bella giggled. "I can feel you so much clearer and stronger and your mind isn't like static anymore more." She told me.

"What do you mean my mind was like static?" I asked her confused. "You know how a radio has static on it?" She asked me. "Yeah!" I told her. "That's how your mind was before to me and I heard static." She told me.

"I get it. We weren't fully connected like we are now." I told her and she just nodded.

She got up and came back and handed me my plate of food and I took it and walked away again and came back again with another cup of coffee and her own plate of food and sat down.

"We have to go to cave today." I said. I felt it the minute I woke up this morning.

"I know. I felt it the moment I woke up." I turned and looked at her and she kept eating. "You felt it to and need our scuba suits too." She said.

Just before she said it I thought the same thing. "Boy, this is going to take some getting use too. This is new territory with us." I said and she started laughing.

"You feel that? We both have a shield on us now. My shield back up." I sat there a moment.

"Holy shit! I was right about the shield." I said. "Yeah, you put up a shield around camp last night on round two." She said laughing.

"I did didn't I!" I said laughing. After we took care of everything and we put are scuba suits on even though I had a hard time keeping my hands off her now and she kept smacking my hands.

"I can't help it. I have to touch you now in some way. I don't know how to explain it. It's like my stress ball but much more since we combined our powers and we're connected." Just then she placed her hand in mine and I felt her instantly relax but something else too.

"I think I get it." She says. "We draw strength from each other. It's like recharging a battery in away. I think as time goes on though we will be able to go longer apart though." She told me.

"I get it. Like when I told you when you were like my stress ball, but this is much more." She nodded her head.

We just held hands as walked to the cave.

      Bella pov

We came to the cave opening and we walked in and Edward took out the flashlight and handed me the other one.