~3~ Bruised

"Please don't go!" Maisey whined as she held onto my leg.

"I'm sorry May, but I have to go. I'll see you later tonight though. Be good for the sitter." I pry her off of me and give her a quick hug. I walk out to my motorcycle. Seems like a great day to ride. I click on the helmet and get onto the bike. 

When I arrive, I'm about ten minutes late, but it should be fine. I make my way over to the roster table and see that I'm training someone named Peyton. Of course, it's a female. I hope she doesn't know who I am.

Who am I kidding, half of New Jersey is drooling over me.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

After trudging through the hot sand I see a girl sitting on the edge of the ramp at tower one and I can't help but admire her. 

She has long, silky brown hair and caramel skin, and brown eyes which remind me of a warm cup of cider during the fall time when it's cold outside. I notice that she's also checking me out.

Her mouth is slightly ajar and she's studying my abdomen.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," I call out to her. She turns her head and she looks into the ocean, pretending like she wasn't just gawking over me. 

Her side profile is spectacular.

I eventually get closer to the tower and hold my hand out for her to shake. "Jacob,"

She immediately stands up and grabs my hand. "Peyton," She starts shaking my hand, but she faintly yelps, causing me to pull my hand away. She hides her hand behind her back, exposing a huge bruise on her upper left arm.

I can't help but study it and imagine all the things that could've caused a bruise in such an odd place.

She also tries to hide her arm, but it doesn't go very well because I can still see the bruise glistening under the sun. I can tell she just got it because it's still a bit pink and swollen.

"Everything okay, Piper?" I received a glare.

"It's Peyton," I know. "And yes, I'm fine."

I still look at her arm. "I said I'm fine." She snaps. I decide to back down and stop talking about it. 

"Well, I should tell you that you have a second trainer. No, I don't know who they are, so don't ask." I know damn well who they are, but I decide to tease her, hoping she'd get the hint that I know or push me to find out. "And second I think we should start at the dummy station."

Her face turns pale and she looks mortified. "Oh hell no," She says out loud. I look across the beach and decide to start walking hoping she's not too stubborn and she'll follow, which she does. But she's so short that she has to practically run after me, even though I only took about five or so steps.

I think we started off swell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so jacob.....

how are we liking his opinion on Peyton?

if there are any typos lmk!!

Thanks!

~lia

Question of the chapter: do you follow jacob day or ace akers on tiktok?