~20~ Clothes

I wake up to the sound of giggling downstairs and I groggily get out of bed. There's a post-it note attached to the door. 

'You were sleeping peacefully, so I decided not to wake you up. I went to work. See ya later. -Peyton'

I open the door and walk down the huge staircase to see Peyton's mom doing Maisey's make-up. Her mom looks up at me and smiles. "Good morning, Jacob." She walks away from Maisey and leads me into the kitchen where there's a huge platter of breakfast foods. "Help yourself, darling." 

I grab a plate and smile at her. "Thanks, Mrs. Grace." She looks almost...offended. "Oh please, call me Sylvia." 

She gives me a motherly smile, then goes back to doing Maisey's make-up. Maisey lets out a loud giggle when Sylvia uses the brush on her face. I can't help but smile. Maisey never gets attention like this from our mom since she's always out with Frank.

Maisey comes up behind me and grabs my leg. "Silver! You should do Jake's make-up." I bend down, pick up Maisey, and whisper in her ear, "I think her name is Sylvia." She scoffs at me and wiggles out of my grasp. "Silver is her nickname." 

Sylvia tsks from across the room. "I think Jacob should get his make-up done just for assuming things. My sister crosses her arms and nods her head, agreeing with Mrs. Gra- Sylvia. I go over and sit on the barstool where Maisey previously was.

Thankfully, before they have a chance to turn my face pink, the doorbell rings and Sylvia has to go answer the door, of course, Maisey being as nosey as she is, follows. I grab a pancake and run up the stairs.

I lay on the bed in the guest room, scroll on Tiktok for a bit, make a few videos, and then go back to scrolling before my door is opened abruptly. I roll over and see Peyton, hunched over, sweating, and panting like she just ran a marathon. "What the hell happened to you?" She throws a hoodie at me and I duck before it hits me. "Shut the fuck up." She slams the door and I pick up the hoodie she threw at me. It's the one I let her borrow yesterday.

I thought girls obsess over stuff like this...

Maybe she just wanted an excuse to come into my room...

 "Wait! I need that back!" She yells from a couple of rooms over. 

/\

I walk into her room wearing the hoodie and she gives me a smug look. "If you want it, you'll have to get it off of me." She walks over to me and crosses her arms. "That's impossible! You're like 10 feet tall!" I get on my knees and she scoffs.

"Now what's your excuse." She grabs the bottom of the hoodie and starts pulling it up. Then she grabs the sleeves and tugs until the shirt is no longer on me and it's on her. 

"What did you need that for exactly?" I ask, standing up. "I just wanted it. Hey, uhm, did you even bring any clothes or," She doesn't need to finish her sentence for me to understand what she's asking me?

"Uhm no. I kinda left in a hurry." I turn my face away so that she can't see my eyes swell with tears. "Well, I have to pick up some of Jelly's toys so I can grab a few outfits while I'm there." She holds my face with one hand and takes my hand in her other. I've never gotten affection from my family, so this makes the tears fall rapidly. 

I fall to my knees and sob. She holds me close running her fingers through my hair and rubbing my back while rocking me back and forth and telling me everything is going to be okay.

I feel safe in her arms.

"You don't have to come with me." I continue to sob. "I hope you're enjoying my sweat." And I start to chuckle slightly while wiping my tears. I pull away from her grasp and she wipes away the rest of my tears.

"I'm so sorry. I've never cried this much before." She grabs my hands and squeezes them. I wince because my right hand still hurts, but I refuse to wear the brace. "Well, one, you shouldn't be sorry. It is okay to have feelings and two, where is your brace?" She looks at my swollen hand with concern. "I don't want to wear it. Can we go grab my clothes now?"

"Yes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thoughts on emotional jacob?

lmk ab typos and the length. thanks!

~lia

Question of the chapter: Favorite sea animal?

Falling For My TrainersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara