~35~ Comfortable Silence

It's my third day visiting Ace in the coffee shop and every time I walk in, he greets me with a hug and smile and his eyes just light up every time I'm near him. It hurts my heart that I don't love him back, but it makes me happy that he and I still get along, and it makes me even happier that he and Jacob are starting to get along again.

"What's new to today's coffee chronicles?" I ask, holding up a fake microphone.

"A lady was seen dunking her doughnut into her coffee."

I pretend to be shocked and I dramatically gasp. "No! That's impossible we're not a-"

"Dunkin Doughnuts? I know." Ace and I laugh and it doesn't hurt as bad as it typically does. 

We continue to talk about customers, especially the regulars, as we sit around waiting for customers. Ace and I come to silence and everything around us is quiet. Sure there is yelling outside, a loud breeze brushing past, car horns honking, and the hum of the air conditioner rattles, but it's still a comforting silence. It may be cool here, but it's cozy and comfortably warm right now and there's no loud rustling behind us. Ace must also notice the peace and comfort because his shoulders are more relaxed and he doesn't try to spark conversation. It's just me, Ace, and the silence.

The bell above the door chimes and I give Ace a small smile before gracefully hopping down from the counter and quickly making my way to the front of the store to assist the customer. Ace pretends to inspect the machine when he's waiting for the lady to order so that he can make it for her quickly.

Ever since I cleaned the machines yesterday, they've been running smoother than they have in a while, but it's crazy because I clean out the machines every two to three weeks. I guess this time was special. Just like that moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ahhhh i know this was a short chapter and i'm sorry, but it felt right to leave it off where it's at!

lmk ab typos and i already know the length is too short. thanks!

~lia

Question of the Chapter: Favorite Disney Princess/ Movie