~41~ Is It Just a Man Cold?

So, I was stuck hosting the party and I am deeply regretting it. 

I mean I was kind of already regretting it before it started but the regret is bitch slapping me right now.

The music is blaring so loudly, my head is buzzing and I think my ear drums are going to burst.

I can barely breathe as is, but the smell of weed, alcohol, and sweaty people makes it practically impossible for me to get in one breath. 

It's extremely hot in the house and it's even warmer outside. I can't escape from the heat. Even the pool isn't helping. People are constantly surrounding me and trying to talk to me, more like yelling due to the music, and it's all overwhelming.

I'm about to ditch my party when Peyton and Jacob walk through the gate and their smiles drop when they see me. Peyton looks at Jacob quickly before returning her gaze to me and she begins to jog toward me.

"Holy shit, Ace! Now I know why you called off work! You look horrible."

"Thanks, I know." I try to inhale but can hardly get air through my nostrils.

"How about Jacob stays here and ensures your place doesn't get trashed and I'll take you back to my place to rest?"

"No, it's fine."

"Well, I know it sounded like a question, but it wasn't." Peyton grabs my hand and drags me to the gate where Jacob's eyes widen as I get closer.

"You look like shit dude."

"Thanks."

"I'm dropping him off at my place, I'll be right back. Please make sure his house doesn't explode."

I watch the sweet couple exchange a quick goodbye kiss before I'm dragged out my back yard, through my front yard which has people passed out drunk, high out of their minds, and dry humping on each other to some stupid song that's playing.

I stumble over my feet a few times walking down the street and I'm actually sober for once at a party. I've never been so thankful to be going to Peyton's house. I can barely take another step or breath. "Thank you."

"I think you need to go to the hospital."

"No, I'm fine." I'm not. I think I just coughed up blood. I pull my hand away from my mouth and blood runs down my fingertips. Peyton notices and her eyes widen. "You're not. I'm getting Jacob. I'm going to leave the car running for you, but do not leave the vehicle." She slams the door shut and runs towards the direction of my house.

Since I know I'm coughing blood, I try to bubble them down, but each time I do that, the urge to cough becomes stronger and stronger until I can no longer hold my cough, and blood pools in my mouth and hand. What the hell am I supposed to do with this? I frantically search Peyton's car for a napkin or something with my one available hand, blood spilling out my other, getting on her leather seats. Her poor Range Rover.

I give up on looking for something to clean up the blood and lean my head back on the seat, but my hand is cramping from holding it in this position for god knows how long. It could've been seconds, minutes, hours, I don't know. Everything is spinning and I feel like I'm going to vomit all over her car and the more I try to inhale, the more I want to hurl, and it makes it harder for me to breathe. Is it getting hot in here? I turn up the A/C all the way and open all the vents and point them toward me, but I barely feel anything. Before I lean my head back again, I see people stumble into their cars and I hear the car doors open before squeezing my eyes shut again. "How many times are we going to have to go to the fucking hospital this month?"

/\/\/\/\/\/\

Poke

Poke

POKE

"I think he's dead."

"Oh shut up!"

I open one eye and glared at whoever was poking me; low and behold it was Jacob. That is not the first thing I want to see when I return from the dead.

I close my eye and try to go back to sleep, but I viciously poked again.

"I'm pretty sure he's dead."

"I'm not dead." I open both eyes and look at Jacob's stupid face and Peyton's slightly worried expression. "Where am I?"

"Oh, you're so stupid." Jacob pinches the bridge of his nose and walks out of the room. "Your house."

How was I supposed to know? I just woke up and the only thing I could see was Jacob's rodent face staring at me.

"Last night, your cold medicine mixed with the alcohol and you were hella delusional. Jacob canceled the party and we brought you inside and you're now laying on your couch because we weren't going to haul your body upstairs and try to find which bedroom is yours."

"I didn't drink last night."

"When we arrived, you literally took 6 double shots of vodka, lord knows what else you had to drink before we got there. You could be dead right now!" Jacob reenters the room, still stressed.

"So, I wasn't dying?"

"No."

"I didn't cough up blood?"

"No."

"I never went to the hospital?"

"No."

"It was just a man cold?"

"Yes, I think that's pretty well established." Jacob snapped. What is he so pissed about?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oml

lmk about typos and the length. thanks!

~lia

Question of the chapter: Favorite song? (please don't say period ah period ugh)