~4~ Who's Jelly?

I pull into the driveway and see a Range Rover in the driveway. It looks kind of familiar. I figured it was Maisey's babysitter, but Kristian was curious.

"Yo dude, whose vehicle is that?"

I shrug at him. "I think it's Maisey's babysitter's."

He lets out a long oh.

"Is she hot?" Of course, he asks that. 

"I don't know who's watching her tonight. I don't even know if it's a female watching her." He just rolls his eyes and lets himself into the house.

"Jacob?" I hear Maisey call as she runs through the hallway. 

"Jelly! Come back here!" That's when I see her. Peyton. Peyton is Maisey's babysitter. How lucky am I? She still hasn't noticed me because she's busy trying to get Maisey away from the door.

"Sorry, Peyton." She turns around and runs into her arms. Peyton gracefully picks her up and walks closer to the door where Kristian and I are standing.

"Who's Jelly?" I ask, gaining Peyton's attention. She gives me a surprised look and her cheeks turn pink a little bit. She has flour all over her face and shirt I wonder what they were doing and I guess she didn't put two and two together.

Kristian crosses his arms and leans closer to me. "So, do you know this hot babysitter?" He whispers nonchalantly into my ear. I slap him across the shoulder and walk away from him. I take Maisey into my arms and she smiles brightly at me. 

"Kristian, this is Peyton. Peyton, this is Kristian. And Maisey, you've already met him." Peyton wipes her hands on her leggings before shaking Kristian's hand.

"Nice to meet you. Jacob, to answer your question, Maisey is Jelly." She taps Maisey's nose causing her to giggle. It's kind of attractive seeing how good she is with- Nope I can't let myself think like that.

I set my sister down and she runs off to God knows where and I decide to talk with Peyton. 

"Ramey, check on May while I talk to Peyton quickly." He hesitates but quickly walks away. 

"Sure thing." He grumbles as he stomps away.

"So..." she says, trying to avoid eye contact with me.

"Do you need me to get you help?" She looks completely confused. 

"Huh? Why would I need help?" She's actually baffled.

"The- uh bruises."

Realization hit her like a train.

"Oh no. Everything is fine. I fell down the stairs this morning. I promise everything is fine. Only a few bruises."

"There's more?"

She nods her head. "Yeah, on my thigh, my waist, top of my hand, and arm." She smiles. Why the hell is she smiling.

"Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously."

There were a few seconds of silence. "Is that Range Rover yours?" Her smile drops.

"It's my cats." Wow, I should've known.

"Uh-huh." I give her an unamused look.

"You know who my other trainer is don't you." I try to look innocent, but I don't think I do a good job because she starts bursting out into laughter. It's a beautiful sound that I'd love to- I need to stop thinking like this!

"Nope."

Before she can argue with me, Kristian comes into the mudroom, holding Maisey's hand.

She comes running over to me and hugs my legs. "We made cookies!"

Peyton's eyes go wide and she runs into the kitchen. 

"Well, I'm gonna go now. Have fun with the babysitter." Kristian winks at me, then walks out the door. I hope he realizes I drove here.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Peyton pulls out the last batch of cookies and a piece of hair falls into her eyes. She swipes it out of the way and continues taking the cookies off the baking sheet. She's so focused on the cookies that she doesn't realize Maisey and I are watching her.

That moment was quickly ruined when Maisey runs over to her and wraps her arms around Peyton's legs.

"When can we put on the frosting?"

She wipes her hands on a dish towel and picks up my little sister. 

"In about ten minutes." Maisey wiggles her way out of Peyton's arms and runs to her playroom, leaving Peyton and me alone. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know if there are any typos! Thanks!
~Lia

Sooo... When I was at camp there was a dead body found in the river that we were previously in. It was honestly terrifying.

Anyways hope your week was better than mine.

Question of the chapter: If you have one, what's your dream car?